1005 Map Share Updates

TomTom Model(s)
1005 live
Hello

I have a 1005 live Europe, with the latest app and map installed.
Whenever I connect to Support app to do mapshare update, it downloads to the computer in a couple of seconds but the takes a long time to install to the satnav.
mapshare update: 712 bytes
Time to install: 12 minutes

The tomtom support app says "Busy Please keep your navigation device connected 100% done"
also the page through the internet says "Installing" 100% done 00:00:00hours" although it did start with different timing 00:00:10 counting down.

But the tomtom devcice says "Keep your device connected! 0:12 mins remaining 91%" and stays showing this for several minutes (upto 12 minutes or tiny updates)

How long do these updates take on other 1005's?

I have had the unit replaced but still I get similar time but the satnav doesn't display 91% its just the spinning wheel.

I have tried another computer and still the same result.

Thanks

My updating also lingers for a few of minutes at that 0:12 mins remaining and 91% point, but I don't recall the entire updating ever lasting longer than around 6 minutes total time from start to completion.

Thanks for your quick response:), I'm sure it shouldn't take as long as it does :yawn:
Hopefully get a few more responses with timings

I'm sure my original 1005 was about 10 seconds to do these updates, but got sent away for repair due to a fault and was replaced.

Attachments

• IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 470
My updating also lingers for a few of minutes at that 0:12 mins remaining and 91% point, but I don't recall the entire updating ever lasting longer than around 6 minutes total time from start to completion.

Exactly the same my end, spends almost 6 minutes hanging at 91% with 12 seconds to go. Tried on both PC and laptop, same result each time.

Ask a Question