go live 1005 change map to asian map..

TomTom Model(s)
GO LOVE 1005
hi. i have the go live 1005 without sd card slot. the model is 4 gb .. i just have some mb's free using the european map and want to use the asian map as i'm going to thailand .. do anyone know how to erase the european map and install the asian map instead? know that i have to buy the asian map at the tomtom site...

Connect the Go to the PC and run the MyTomTom application (if you don't have it yet, go to https://tomtom.com/en_gb/mytomtom/getstarted/)

Click the red TomTom icon in the PC task bar (near the clock) and select "MyTomTom" from the pop-up window.

That should open a web-browser window (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox or whatever you normally use)

Click on the green "MyTomTom" box in top right and Log in to your account

Then click on the green "MyTomTom" box again (if it has closed) and select "Manage Content"

Click on "My Maps" and it should show you the Europe map.

Does it have a "Remove" button beside it?
If so, you can use that to make room for the Asia map. You can reinstall it from the TT servers at any time.

If that "Remove" button is not there please report back.

hi! no remove button! look at the attachment!! very strange that it is not possible to remove maps!

Attachments

• my maps.PNG
    my maps.PNG
    19.4 KB · Views: 467
Thanks. I couldn't remember if that button had been enabled yet. Very annoying it hasn't!
I can say "be patient, it soon will be..." but that's no help to you, if you need to swap maps NOW.

do u know when it was planned to be implemented? i think this is very bad. as a top of the line product the go live 1005 should have the opportunity to manage the maps on the device. since the memory is just 4gb... consider make this a guarantee issue ...

Sorry, no idea. You could try ringing customer services and asking.

You should ask what THEY would do in the circumstances too!

Phone number for Norway is

Mandag - Fredag: 10:00 til 17:00 GMT+1

hi. i have the go live 1005 without sd card slot.
First, just to be 100% certain, does your serial number start with SA, SB or SI? If so, then I think you're correct about there being no uSD slot. However, if your 1005 starts with SP or ST, you may discover a VERY well machined door in the bottom edge of your unit. The GO 1005 Live came in both flavors.

Next, even with the correct code, I do not think that TomTom is allowing for the deletion of the only map resident on one of these Nav3 devices. That's strange, since the new system for these Nav3 units allows you to reload whatever map(s) to which you're entitled off their server, but I think that's how it's set up at the moment.

Have you already downloaded the Asian map? The device should offer to deal with the problem when you try to load the new map. I just don't know for certain what level of code you have on your side of the pond.

good news!

did call tomtom in Norway yesterday. they told me that i would get a choice to delete stuff on the device when uploading the asian map. i did buy the asian map. when uploading i got the message "do u want to to erase european map". yes. and then i got the asian map. i had to erease the whole european map. tomtom told me that i should get the choice to erase just som parts of europe, but no big deal. will not drive from asia to europe :) i also managed to upload the european map and erease the asian map !

Excellent, so the way it works seems to be:

1. My TomTom will not show a "Remove" button when you only have one map installed.
2. But if you try to add another map that will not fit, MyTomTom will offer to remove the other one.
3. You can then restore the original map onto the device again using MyTomTom (at which point it will remove the other map again).

Thanks for confirming my suspicions, pianogutten. It sounds as though the current release of MyTT is behaving as we expected it to.

I still find it odd that they designed it this way - unlike the 'old days', their server now knows the map to which you are entitled with some certainty, so removing your only map isn't as catastrophic as it used to be. Perhaps they are simply protecting a user from the odd chance that they delete the map without an internet connection to retrieve it again from TomTom. It is possible to "Manage Content" without an external internet connection. You're talking to your TomTom (check the URL) when you "Manage Content", not TomTom's servers.

Ask a Question