XXL540TM App.?

I deleted your duplicate post.

Now then, what is the application you see on your unit?

Tap the satellite bars on your unit. Now in the next screen, tap the version number. What is the complete application version number it shows installed?

Also, do you have a map of Mexico on your unit? (the 540 series does, the 530 series do not)

OK.. here is all the info on that screen: (probably more than you need)
TomTom IQ Routes Edition
Device AKUY6 B@C56
App 9.053.520930.2, OS 515773
(1023, 4/19/2010
64 MB RAM (free: 21.2 MB
GPS v1/20. Boot 5.5237
Map: 'USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P' v850.2784
Language: English US
TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems

I have not used the Mexico map but the folder shows it is installed. I just wondered why the application doesn't match the unit.

Chalk it up to its reading incorrect information.

You have a 540 model and you have the latest app installed (matches the 540 I have here, anyway ..:D )

Thanks for the help, dhn. This is my first nav unit and some of it is a little confusing at this point. It would be nice if TomTom would include a decent manual but since they didn't, I'm sure grateful for the expert help available here in the forums.

PS - BTW, just curious...does your application folder on your 540 also say the 530S is the installed app:?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what application folder you are referring to. I do know that when I tap the version number, the screen shows my unit as an XXL IQ routes edition .... which is the European equivalent to the 540 series in North America.

When I connect my unit to the computer the Home app is opened. When I click on "Manage My XXL" in the Home Menu I see a list of everything that is installed on my unit. There is a folder labeled "Application" and in that folder I see that the installed application is XXL 530S. I thought it should be XXL 540MT since that is what my unit is. I discovered this when I was making a backup using Explorer on my Windows 7 PC. I wonder if all XXL 540's would show XXL 530S in that folder.

I would sure appreciate if someone who has XXL 540TM would check and see if their Application Folder shows the same installed app that mine is showing (XXL 530S). My previous post explains how I found it. I wonder if XXL 530S and XXL 540TM use the same app?? Doesn't seem quite right.

Thanks!

I also have a 540TM and see the 530S application shows up, so I also thought it was just for both units as already mentioned.

I have not been able to get the arrival sound I downloaded from TT Home to play on my 540. I see it in custom voices with the correct file name (arrive.wav, or whatever it should be), so I am stuck. It's not major but is there a quick way to have it work ? I use Susan's voice. Thanks

Thanks for your response, Rustybirman99. This is my first nav device so I'm not going to be much help in the tech department. lol

I have two choices of "computer voices" that will read warnings, etc. (Simon and Susan) and I can't use either one because I can't understand them. I have hearing loss, especially at higher frequencies, and there is just something about those voices that makes them unusable for me. I can understand Simon part of the time, but not well enough to use him. And I hardly understand a word Susan says! :\ Richard has the best diction for me, but Richard doesn't read warnings, etc. :(

PS - Maybe one of the mods will jump in here and help you, Rustybirman99. dhn is very knowledgeable and is online now, I see.

Last edited:
Duck....

Connect to Home.

Add Maps/Voices. Next screen-->Computer Voices

In a few seconds you should see 'Dave (US)' offered. You may want to try him.

For computer voices, select all choices (even those of another language) and let it populate. You should see Dave listed as a selection.

(Kate, susan, Dave & Simon should be the English voices listed, Dave & Susan being US and Simon and Kate being UK).

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, can you tap the satellite bars on your unit and, in the next screen tap on the version number. The following screen will show the application installed. Can you post what it says, please?

(something like 9.053.xxxx). I'd like to know all the digits.

Never mind the above.................

Do this:
1. Take an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.
After making sure you have the backup on your computer, then...
2. In Home, go to Manage My Device. Items on Device. Application.
3. Select it and choose Remove from Device. Don't copy to computer.
4. Remove the device from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.
5. Shut down Home, even from the notification area on your computer.
6. Start Home, reconnect the device and accept the application. Install.

Go through the process again of trying to get Dave the computer voice.

Last edited:

Ask a Question