XXL540TM for $90 at Amazon

I did the same thing- Bought the XXL540 on amazon for $100 last week. Package arrived yesterday. Then saw price dropped to $90. Emailed CS at amazon. they stated they DO NOT have a price guarantee.
But they made "an exception" and gave me a $10 credit to use on a future Amazon purchase. This was a good compromise. Email them and see if they will do the same.

I bought one this morning for my son....will not be here for Christmas but it was not a gift and got it for $90 and free shipping along with lifetime traffic and maps.

Remember to register the M activation, doc.

That said, many are finding that trying to do so on tomtom's web page just isn't working. Call CS at 866-486-6866 with the information. They can activate at their end.

I did the same thing- Bought the XXL540 on amazon for $100 last week. Package arrived yesterday. Then saw price dropped to $90. Emailed CS at amazon. they stated they DO NOT have a price guarantee.
But they made "an exception" and gave me a $10 credit to use on a future Amazon purchase. This was a good compromise. Email them and see if they will do the same.

Same here in the UK. Bought an XXL on 1st Dec, and a few days ago noticed it was now £16 cheaper (on Amazon). Emailed them and got the same response.....no price guarantee blah blah......good customer blah blah......one off etc. They refunded the difference direct to my debit card.

Being cynical, I think they were saving money doing that - I could quite easily have returned the first XXL (still within the 30 days), and re-bought another at the lower price.

Del

After doing a proper back up son was able to register and get first map update. He was a big surprised that TT maps do not show his home street which is several years old. And BTW it came overnight and arrived on Friday not the following week as indicated.

FWIW, the Amazon price is back up $20. They're asking $109.99 for the 540TM now.

Ask a Question