XXL 540 S - Updates Do Not Fit on Device?

I have the World Traveler Edition that already includes North America, as well as Western & Central Europe.

When clicking on 'update my device', it identifies an update for Europe that is 2264.2MB, and when I proceed to update it shows me:

Your new items don't fit on your navigation device. To fix this, we suggest moving unused items from your device to your computer.

The capacity of this device is 3.68GB and it currently shows that I am using 3.43GB.

I'm confused. If I'm only applying the update for Western & Central Europe should it not rip out the old one and apply the new one, or simply add whatever is new to the existing folder?

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to update the Western & Central Europe map? Is it possible that a previous attempt has left some corrupted bloat files around?

Background: I had earlier tried to perform the update, and had followed the suggestions, to remove all 'unused items' but this wipe out all of my existing maps. When I tried to restore the device from a backup I was receiving errors. So I reformatted the device and performed the restore once again. This has now worked, but I'm now trying to bring my maps current.

Thanks!

After updating the NA map, look at the contents with Explorer. If you see any files that look like cspeechXX.dat files, delete them. They're meant for Voice Recognition models, which the 540 is not since it doesn't have a microphone.

If that's not the issue, you should be offered Europe zone maps since the one that came with the unit can't be replaced as an entire map.

Are you seeing zones offered for Europe?

Ask a Question