XL Live not working after update

TomTom Model(s)
One XL Live
And "Customer Service" absolutely zero help.

Forgive me, I know this is posted elsewhere and seems to be a huge problem but I can't seem to find the right answer.

I updated my XL live in February and the unit has not worked since. I get the TT logo screen then the upload screen with the yellow bar across the bottom... then back to the TT logo screen.

I have reset my unit - rolling drums... more times than I can count.

I have deleted TT Home from the computer and re-installed... several times.

I have removed the application from the unit then from the computer. Powered off the unit then connected to computer and restarted. I get the update prompt from TT Home. I upload and install the first application... that is fine. Then the unit restarts and asks me to update to the next application update... I do that and this is where it all goes to crap!

I get the error that my unit has the incorrect application and therefore cannot connect to TT Home and the unit just keeps looping.

I called customer service... they tell me that the file is corrupted and there is nothing they can do and I need to get another unit because I am out of warranty. So as I see it... TT publishes a corrupt file then blames the end user and claims there is nothing they can do? So either we purchase a new unit or we purchase a different mfg.

Is there a fix for this? I really don't want to have to purchase a new unit... this one is barely a year old. Please, please help! :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

Try connecting to Home and run the emulator (Operate my unit). Plan a trip and then disconnect properly from Home using the device disconnect icon.. See if that helps.

If not, connect to the computer, use Explorer and delete the mapsettings.cfg file from your specific map folder. Disconnect from the computer using the Universal Harware icon in the notification area.

Restart the unit.

Many thanks for the response. I tried the emulator but TT Home had a error and shut down.

I deleted the mapsetting.cfg files, ejected the unit and restarted... No joy.

Try connecting to Home and run the emulator (Operate my unit). Plan a trip and then disconnect properly from Home using the device disconnect icon.. See if that helps.

If not, connect to the computer, use Explorer and delete the mapsettings.cfg file from your specific map folder. Disconnect from the computer using the Universal Harware icon in the notification area.

Restart the unit.

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

Format the unit. Don't use quickformat.

Restore the backup. See if that helps.

Ask a Question