940 live - Stopped working and hot battery!

TomTom Model(s)
940LIVE
Help!!!

My 940 live has stopped working and will come on when plugged into the computer. I thought it was the battery so i have bought one and replaced it.
Once i replaced the battery and connected it the orange light comes on and stays on if this means anything.
I thought the battery would be the fix.

The unit is also hot and replacing the battery has not seemed to do anything!!!

Any help appreciated.

Spinner:roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have all functions stopped working? In other words, does the unit boot up? Or is it just Live Serves not working?

It turned on before I changed the battery but thgat was it now it wont do anything? but it is stiil hot so wondering if it its the battery?

I would try switching back to the original battery ASAP.

Get rid of that dangerous-sounding heat first, and then work on the other problems!

You'll want to find out with the case open, but having opened the case and connected to USB, quickly determine by touch if it is the battery that is getting hot. If so, disconnect from the power source IMMEDIATELY and shut the unit off if necessary.

Then, as Andy suggests, try the other battery (even though in poor condition) to see whether or not the same occurs.

Let's start from there. Your replacement may be defective, or your TomTom may have killed it.

Ask a Question