XL IQ Can't power up or restore

TomTom Model(s)
XL IQ
As above guys. When connected to the mains the green power light flashes but it will not turn on. I only charged it up for the wife a few days ago. When connected to the pc it will not allow me to update or restore from an earlier back up. It is 3 years old and she has only used it about 4 times. I update the software at least once per year. Any ideas?

When you say it doesn't turn on, do you mean it won't boot completely or it just shows no signs of life itself?

If the latter, it may be a case the battery is so poor that it doesn't hold any charge.

It would not do anything connected to the mains, just had the power light flashing. Connected it to the pc and could turn it on but could not do a restore or anything. Left it connected to pc overnight and restarted the restore and it did it eventually. I am checking to see if it holds its power each day over the next few days. I can now switch it on and it boots up fine after the restore. If the internal battery is failing is it easy to replace?

That model is equivalent to a 340 in North America.

See here:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8OY_Vb5ckA[/ame]

Ask a Question