XL Frozen on Splash screen. Any Help?

Hi Folks,
I have an XL that is a few years old. I went to turn it off and now it is just frozen on the startup splash screen. I had done a lot of reading on this forum and tried a number of things, I can't get it to work. I can still connect it to TT home, operate it with the laptop, mount it as a drive, see all of the files. I tried a backup and restore. Formatted the drive. All has same results. Could there be a corrupt file that I keep putting back. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks,

Ed

After the Explorer, not Home, backup, delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Then copy back JUST the specific map folder.

Connect to Home and accept the application that will be offered. Disconnectthe unit from Home properly using the Device Disconnect icon and see if things are better.

No luck. The application was re-installed but I ended up with same result...stuck on the TOMTOM screen with the hands icon.
When it was operating fine, I never knew I could use IE to copy all of the files to my hardrive. I just used the Home backup feature. I don't have a copy of the files when everything was good : (

NOT Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer.

Have you tried a reset on the unit? (hold the power button for about 15 seconds on that model, I don't think it has a dedicated reset hole).

Ask a Question