frozen on splash screen

TomTom Model(s)
One XL
Hi,

I went to use my Tomom XL one, and when turned on, it only got as far as the splash screen. It was plugged into my car charger..

It has recently been updated.

Any ideas on how to get it working again?

Tried the reset but didnt work, and the unit wont turn on when using the battery, rather than when plugged in. Any ideas?

Also Frozen

I have tried all the steps given in that link. I have also tried their Clear Flash tool. But TomTom still freezes in the splash.bmp. In case their are any TomTom developers lurking, the splash screen does get to the point where the while lines in the graphic get brighter, but it doesn't get any further.

What would happen if I erased files from my TomTom (using the USB cable hooked up to my computer)? I don't know if there is a hardware problem, and the TomTom is failing some kind of memory check, or if it's a software problem and I just need to refresh some files.

Can anyone please help?

Do you have a complete backup of your unit's contents? (hopefully, Explorer).

If so, reformat the internal of your unit and restore your backed up files/folders.

Ask a Question