Help...Frozen/Stuck on Splash screen

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Edition
Hi All,

I have searched everywhere on the net and this forum but unable to get TomTom ONE 3rd edition to load pass the splash screen. :mad:

Things I have already tried:
Reinstalling Application following instructions here (http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898/locale/en_GB)

Check Disk....No errors

Format Disk and reinstall from manual backup I created via explorer.

Removed all files and reinstalled via TomTom Home.

I dont have any previous backups as I am looking to fix this issue for my uncle.

However when connected to TomTom Home I can use the 'Operate my device' and use the TomTom emulator fine...does that mean that the bootloader or emulator equivalent on the device is at fault?

Is there anything anyone can suggest I try next?

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless your model has a dedicated reset hole.

Also, when you formatted the unit, you didn't use quickformat, did you?

And the battery is fully charged?

Thanks for the reply...

I forgot to list that but yes I has tried the reset button until drum sound is heard. I also opened the unit to disconnect the battery and reconnect but that didnt work either. I also removed the splash screen image but then it just stuck on the TomTom screen image.

When formatting the unit, I used normal windows format option but removed the tick for quick format as I had read about that somewhere.

My only other option was to find someone with a similar working device and take a backup copy of their software and restore it onto my device as I read this worked for someone on one of many forums/websites I have visited....would this work?

Here's something to try ...

This link will cause the download of what I believe to be the last release version of the firmware for your ONE V3 unit >>> http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/navcore_7.903.9183.one-onev3.cab

A *.cab file is nothing more than a *.zip file with another name, and can be unpacked using any archive tool that can handle *.zip files.

Unpack the contents of this zip into the root of your unit. It will create 3 folders and 4 files.

Just for clarification do I need to remove all current files on the unit before copying the contents of the .cab file or do I just overwrite the existing files.

I just tried what you said but it made no difference to the problem.

Once installed, TTHome listed application as 'TomTom application for GO, XL, ONE and Rider' also found an update application which is listed as 'TomTom Application for ONE 3rd Edition' version 7.166 so I decided to install that aswell but still not working.

Before making the change my original application was showing as version 8.010. so not sure how the version 7.166 found by TTHome is most latest version?

Anything else I could try? If this is caused by a corrupt file is there anyway of finding out which one? what should be loaded next in the boot process?

Restart the device, connect to Home, Update my Device and see if a further application update is offered (or more).

After installing the version 7.166 no other update is found.

Once installed, TTHome listed application as 'TomTom application for GO, XL, ONE and Rider' also found an update application which is listed as 'TomTom Application for ONE 3rd Edition' version 7.166 so I decided to install that aswell but still not working.
Whoa. When you performed the download, it DID pick up 7.903, didn't it? Home should NOT have offered a down rev 7.166 version to you.
Let's try one more shot at moving forward (not backward!) If Home was willing to load 7.166, then it should be possible to move to 8.014 which is what I would have thought Home might have offered, if anything, on top of 7.903. Before, though -- what are the first two digits of your serial number? Need to know how much internal memory it has and this will tell us.

First two digits of serial are: Y4
Internal memory size: 512MB

Y4 equates to ONE 3rd Edition - 512MB (TomTom HOME)

And 8.014 does indeed seem to be the application you can update to.

But, honestly, maybe it's time to consider a newer model with more storage and up to date maps.

Ask a Question