XL 340-S map not for device problem

Hello
recently bought two (2) of these XL 340-S
loved the first one, but second one giving a set up problem

yes....they separate account on TT Home 2

I made back ups on both.

unfortunately after updating second one (using the same process as the first), I could not get pass the set up where you choose your map.

I have the US/Canada/Mexico map on it, like the first one, but, this map is posting a message, map not recognized for this device.

i reverted back to the backup many times, with same result.

is there a reset button for this?
can d/l the entire software again from Support?
should i return it back to store where it was purchased?

advance thanks, and many thanks to members who have assisted others with their findings.

@dhn, thanks for the quick reply

I'll have to check after work, I'll have to see....
you are referring to the TT Home 2 app?

advance thanks

No, the application on the unit. Tap the satellite bars on each unit and the next screen shows the application version number.

the working GPS: 9.022

the non-working GPS: I cannot pass the preferrence where you choose a map, so therefore I cannot find what version

If I go to My Computer> TTXL340-S Properties, I can only offer you this screenshot:

looking forward to your assistance

again thanks

I get stuck at the map selection....after selecting the voice, I'm ask what map, I select US/CANADA/MEXICO, that is when I get the message "cannot use this map on this device"

It's probably an issue with the map itself that was downloaded. Since it is freezing on that specific point and is saying the map is not usable by this device.

Best bet would be to redownload the map.

I get stuck at the map selection....after selecting the voice, I'm ask what map, I select US/CANADA/MEXICO, that is when I get the message "cannot use this map on this device"

If this is an updated map, then it may not have been installed properly by Home.

See here for installation steps without using Home.

@FaceLoran, when I try to go to update my XL, it would not list the map to download

@dhn, I read your link, would it be faster for the customers to download just the files needed, instead of downloading the entire zip, looking for a particular file, transferring to XL?

just a suggestion.

Coz, I'm looking at the unzip files in my TT Home>download>complete files and I cannot understand a thing in there.:(

It's probably the .dct file that did not get installed properly so it may work to just extract and install that in the specific map folder.

But, other necessary files may not have gotten installed as well so it's best to extract the complete contents of the zip file as the instructions show.

1) go to home, manage my xl, and remove all but one computer voice
2) rename mydocuments\tomtom\home\download\ to mydocuments\tomtom\home\downloadOLD\
3) retry a download of the map
4) after the map is downloaded, do this

Ask a Question