No room for map on TT XL IQ Routes 340S

I don't have a backup and I have no map on my TT XL IQ Routes 340S. It says that the new North America map needs 1601.9 MB of room. But on my TT it says its using 1958.5 MB of the memory and that there is only 1136.5 memory left.

Is there a way I can make room for the new map? I have no additional Voices.

Can I reset my TT to default settings?

Is there a way I can find the map file, if its just corrupt?

by the way I am using a MAC.

Once you have emptied the "trash can" on your TomTom, you can move ahead. Gotta be rid of those "." files.

I don't recall the folder name on a Mac. Open up Home. Click on the Tools tab, and select Home Preferences. Select the Folders tab. You're interested in the one called "Downloads".

Using that tool, you'll quickly see where the "downloads/complete/map" folder is located. There should be one or more folders inside that start with "North America". If so, let us know - that means you probably have the map already on your PC waiting to be installed on your TomTom.

i went to the download folder as you said and two folders showed up immediately. one was called complete and temp. i went into complete. went into map. went into north_america. and found files

activation.zip
north_america_P-IQR-1.gif
north_america_P-IQR.gif
north_america_P.toc
north_america_P.zip

Good deal. Looks like you have the entire set of files on your Mac waiting for installation. Once you empty your trash can on the TomTom, fire up Home and try to Add Maps using the map on your Mac and see how it goes.

I'm outta here for a couple of weeks starting tomorrow a.m., but you're in good hands here with the rest of the guys.

Ask a Question