Mapshare works on XL340S, not XL350TM

I have owned an XL-340S IQ for over a year. When I connect it to the TomTom Home program, it always shares my map updates and downloads other people's mapshare updates.

For Christmas, I bought a new XL-350TM because I didn't want to have to keep spending for quarterly map updates.

It seems to be working alright (thank goodness they restored most functionality with the latest EasyMenu update); but ever since getting it, I receive the standard "20 week" mapshare message that many users have already complained about.

My question is why Mapshare works with my older GPS, but not the newer one.

Any clues?

Did you make sure to register the new unit using a different email address than with the older unit? Doesn't even have to be a real address, just in the proper (e-mail address removed) format.

May not result in mapshares starting for the new unit but it is important to do.

Ignore the faulty message.

Well I don't know what other people have experienced, but I could only get map share working on the 845.2670 map with no indication of any issues. Green lights all the way in coordination with the TTH version 2.8.

Once I replace the 8.45 with the 860, map share stops working for me on my xxl 540tm.

i purchased a Xl350-TM about a week ago. its is supose to come with free map upgradws and traffic. i upgraded the map to 860.31.21. when i open tomtom home i get a message that my maps have not been updated in over 20 week unfortunatly map share corrects are unavailable

Well this is consistent with what I experienced with my 540tm. I don't want to say 860 is bad on every device. I think the mods here will keep track of that.

No, the 860 maps are not bad on ANY device. I'd much rather have the most up-to-date map than depend on mapshares from other users.

Mapshare is not all that impressive to me. Be patient, they'll come along in time. :rolleyes: In the meantime, just ignore that 20 week message that you see now on HOME.

I am ignoring the message ... but is there still a problem

I am ignoring the message. What irks me is that my original GPS is still downloading mapshare updates, while the new GPS does not mention any mapshare updates when I connect to my PC.

I happen to be active in the mapshare community, taking time to enter information about every construction-related detour I come across. I want those changes to be available to the community, and I want their changes to be available to me.

And yes, I have created TWO accounts using different email addresses.

I happen to be active in the mapshare community, taking time to enter information about every construction-related detour I come across. I want those changes to be available to the community, and I want their changes to be available to me.
The changes YOU are making are going out during update connections though, right?

Mapshare updates are specific to a map version.

Tomtom hasn't finished creating the mapshares for all editions of map 860 yet. For map 855 and earlier, it has created them.

Mapshare updates are specific to a map version.

Tomtom hasn't finished creating the mapshares for all editions of map 860 yet. For map 855 and earlier, it has created them.
The XL340 and XL350 should be using the same USA/Canada/Mexico map, though. Wouldn't explain why a 340 gets updates and the 350 doesn't.

Ask a Question