Xl 335s

Hey all ,

Have a quick question I bought a XL335S a while back to use the Advanced Lane Guidance feature and now when I check I their site it does not state that this comes with Lane guidance anymore. I live in Canada and it does not work in alot of places over here but the reason I bought it was for this feature alone. Does this mean there wont be any Lane Guidance for this unit? or did they just edit their website and forget to add it back. Anyway if thats the case very bad business to sell something that you say has these features and then after the fact you pull it back. Like going to the dealership to pickup your new car and showing up and it has no tires on it because they changed their mind. any thoughts??:confused:

That model on the US site shows having ALG so your model should be capable of showing it as well.

Thus the issue is (since ALG is imbedded in the map data) what map do you have on your unit? (tap the satellite bars on the unit and the next screen shows the application version. Tap it and the following screen shows the map installed and its version).

Prior to version 840, NO Canadian roads showed any ALG. In 840, there were reports of literally a handful of locations, pretty much all in the Maritimes (ironically).

Version 845 brought a whole bunch of ALG and Reality View to many Canadian roads and I suppose 850 has added some as well.

That said, most occurances will be on highways and maybe a few on main streets. Certainly not on side streets up here.

Also, I think your model has the full menu compliment so make sure under preferences you do NOT see an icon that says to 'show lane images'. If you do, tap it so it says 'hide lane images'.

Ask a Question