XL 330-S Google, Tyre Not working

I'm not sure if this is the correct section but, I've just purchase a TomTom XL 330-S and I am unable to add POI's for Google Maps or Tyre when it tries to add it through TomTomHome it says the function is not enabled. I would appreciate any help. My version of TomTomHome is 2.4 and I'm running Vista.

I'm not sure if this is the correct section but, I've just purchase a TomTom XL 330-S and I am unable to add POI's for Google Maps or Tyre when it tries to add it through TomTomHome it says the function is not enabled. I would appreciate any help. My version of TomTomHome is 2.4 and I'm running Vista.

Actually, Tyre/Google needs the function, 'Operate my XL' on the TT HOme to work. Can you please check what's the version that is on your TT device? I have the same 330s and the firmware version is 8.014. The TT Home version when I reported this bug to TT was 2.3. They said that their programmers are now aware of the problem. About a week ago, TT Home 2.4 became available and still, the function 'Operate my XL' doesn't work.

Firmware version 8.014. TomTomHome also tries to install every time I plug it in, even though its already installed.

Last edited:
I think I can clear this up some. I purchased two TomTom XL 330 S gps devices today. One for me and one for my wife, when i purchased them i had to do so at two seperate locations because neither location had two in stock they had one each.

When i came home I hooked up to do the updates on the first one and had no problems completing them and using the operate my XL function. However, the second one acted as described in this thread. Long story short.. the first one had firmware v 8.010 the second one had v 8.014. Apparently TomTom HOME doesn't yet support the operate my XL functionality for firware v 8.014. I guess we sit back and wait.

I think I can clear this up some. I purchased two TomTom XL 330 S gps devices today. One for me and one for my wife, when i purchased them i had to do so at two seperate locations because neither location had two in stock they had one each.

When i came home I hooked up to do the updates on the first one and had no problems completing them and using the operate my XL function. However, the second one acted as described in this thread. Long story short.. the first one had firmware v 8.010 the second one had v 8.014. Apparently TomTom HOME doesn't yet support the operate my XL functionality for firware v 8.014. I guess we sit back and wait.

I checked up on this and the new TomTom Home should be updated to fix this with a patch. Check for software updates of TT Home once a week, and your 330s with the 8.014 firmware should be syncable soon.

I have a 330-S and mine still has App 8.010 how do i get App 8.014 for my 330-S

Last edited:
The application is 8.014 not 8.14. You ma have MAP 8.10 but ou don't have application 8.10; there isn't one.

Check your version by tapping the satellite bars. Next screen shows the version. (tap the version number and the next screen shows the map version & build)

Last edited:
If TYRE is working properly through HOME, another solution is to run TYRE stand alone, save your POI files to your PC and use Windows Explorer to copy the *.ov2 file to the TomTom.

Ask a Question