Google & TomTom 330S

I was reading on the TomTom website that I could search for an address on google maps and then send it to my TomTom 330s device. I wouild like to be able to do this and then add it as a favorit or a POI. The problem is currently when I click on GPS and select TomTOM from within google maps and then send I get an error message that says "This function is not yet supported for your navigation device or operating system" that pops up from the TomTOM Home application. The TomTom website says I need to have 7 or higher I have verision 8 on my 330s and TomTom home is 2.5.XX and I have internet explorer 6.0.28 so this should work according to their website.

Can anyone tell me how to send addresses from google to my TomTom 330s or if this is a function that is not availble yet and what are the requirements for this to work if it can be done as its not working on my end. I have the lastested TOMTOM Home and maps, and tried on win 2000 and XP pro with no success. Any ideas ?? Thanks.

With the current app version this feature is disabled for all TT models. We just have to wait for the next firmware version. You'll find that you can't operate your TomTom from your desktop either on the current version. TT tells me that they are working on it, but have given no ETA for the next release.

it works for my xl330s. I have app=8.010 os=1000 gps v1.21 home =2.5.2.60
I have used it to find several addresses that I didn't exactly know.
BTW map is US&CAN V815.2022.

Last edited:
POI's

Check out www.tyre.tk for software where you can set up itineraries and POI's and download to your TT as TT intenerary or POI files. The Tyre program actually uses Google Maps. Also might want to check out www.poieditor.com/ where you can set up your POI's online and save them as TT Poi files. Both are free.

As for operating your unit from the computer, they told me as well as other Rider owners the same thing. Have to wait for fix in next version of the Home software. Then I downloaded and installed a new map version and behold, all was fixed. Just putting in the new map made everything work. I passed this along on the Rider sections and have seen where others got the same results.

Check out www.tyre.tk for software where you can set up itineraries and POI's and download to your TT as TT intenerary or POI files. The Tyre program actually uses Google Maps. Also might want to check out www.poieditor.com/ where you can set up your POI's online and save them as TT Poi files. Both are free.

As for operating your unit from the computer, they told me as well as other Rider owners the same thing. Have to wait for fix in next version of the Home software. Then I downloaded and installed a new map version and behold, all was fixed. Just putting in the new map made everything work. I passed this along on the Rider sections and have seen where others got the same results.

What map version and firmware?

Send function to GPS

You have to use the BUSINESS option on Google maps. It will not expose the send button if you are not looking a business.

Google address

I know that it is a bit confusing, but the address field in google is not limited to only businesses. I have used it to locate house numbers of friends for whom I only knew the street. In my case I switched to street view to look at the house to verify that I was at the correct place. Some times the street view will show you the actual house number on the house or mailbox. When I send it to GPS it asks (1st time) for the device. When it is TT it kicks off TTHOME where I add it as a favorite.

Ask a Question