[x10] TomTom's Claim your FREE Windshield mount here

TomTom says it will take up to four weeks to receive the new mount. Mine hadn't started to screw up yet, but it hasn't had many hours on the road.

I hope to get mine that I ordered a month ago within the four to six weeks period they told me last week.

I'm glad to hear that TomTom is doing something about this. We have been waiting for this to come up, and we will wait a little more longer since it will take weeks for this to process.

TomTom 910 mount

I had trouble with mine, and a friend had the problem - but it was with the unit itself (it would not work with good mounts). We both took care of it the easy way - returned the whole unit.

No reason to wait for god knows how long if you are still within the return for exchange poslicy of your retail source.

Exchanging it is the fast and good way to go. Of course I am long gone form the exchange/return time frame.

My time limit for exchange has expired also. My mount is completely shot and I have been waiting for a month with at least another month to go. It is disappointing to spend $800 for a unit that has so many problems. I seem to be complaining more and enjoying the experience less. I do not like that. I had fun learning about POI's and meeting the people here and that is overshadowed by the negatives. Maybe the moderators will open a thread where I can provide therapy for tomtom withdrawal. LOL

For those who are registered through TomTom's website, should get an email informing them about the mount replacement program.

mine came today but since I have already applied for it I assume I do not have to do so again?

No you don't. It's an email sent to everyone who is registered on tomtom's website. I just let you know a head of time.

Thanks Pedro for putting this out there so fast, I just got a call from TomTom letting us know that they are going to be shipping them out ASAP and since the number of orders are large it will be anywhere from 2-4 weeks for delivery but will ease up to 2 weeks or so by the end of next month.

She also stated that the site wasnt suppose to be live until yesterday, so for those of you that put in an order last week, it might be good to check with them to be sure they have your order and such.

Again, I urge all users to goto TomTom's site and register your TomTom to get the latest news and updates!

Props to Pedro for being so headsup with the latest news!!!

Not knowing for sure about the date I requested I logged on and my serial number showed that it had already been entered so I am awaiting the postman.

Your welcome. I got a confirmation email from TomTom for the mount when I placed the order last week. Accoring to the email, I should expect to see it within four weeks.
John, do you think we should still contact tomtom to see if they have our order even if we received a confirmation email?

Yes, I am going to contact them about it, she was kinda shocked when I told her that our board member already mentioned it on the board last week! And thats when she told me that it was only suppose to be live yesterday. I will keep you guys posted!

I received no confirmation email but I still hope to get the mount as promised by tech support. I will let you know if I do.

I ordered mine last week also; TomTom 's site Tuesday said the serial number had already been entered.

Ok, looks like most of you that ordered before the official announcement are ok. Below is a quote from my source:

"We looked up by hand some of the TomTomForums folk. We started receiving orders as early as last Wednesday and Bryce and I were able to confirm that we received orders from forum members.

They can expect to receive their orders within two to four weeks.

Also, if there continues to be concerns on the forum about mount orders, if you’d like to get e-mail addresses from some users I would be happy to personally check these names against our order list. I certainly can’t do this for everyone but I’ll help out as much as I can.

In short, the order process is working flawlessly and we’re lucky to have TomTom Forums to help spread the word about these new mounts."

:D

Ask a Question