GO X10 A2DP Music Player

Hello All,

I just got a new telephone which supports A2DP. I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be possible to play songs stored on my phone through my TomTom 510. I currently have my 510 wired to the Aux in on my stereo and it would be awesome if I could use connect the 510 to my phone via Bluetooth A2DP and control the music on my phone via my TomTom, while outputting the music from my phone to my car speakers using the TomTom?s aux out. I'm not a programmer of any sorts, but I think this could be an awesome project for someone if it is possible. I'm pretty sure the X10's don't support A2DP, but is there anyway to add this to the functionality. I'd be interested to hear other's thoughts on this, and see if I can spark any interest in the developers out there. Have a good day.

Roger

I own a Go910 and a Samsung SGH-U700 which supports A2DP, so I can speak only for said models. The 910 supports A2DP (and like most phones supporting A2DP) but only as "host", meaning you can hear navigation and or mp3 audio from the 910 via an A2DP compliant stero headset or speakers. If ever your 510 will pair with your phone in A2DP mode, the nav and mp3 audio will be heared over your phone's speaker and not vise-versa.

Thanks for the response. I'm actually looking to go the other way. Play the MP3's stored on my phone through the TomTom Go. I know it won't work with the standard software, but I didn't know if this is within the realm of some 3rd party software. I'm interested to hear what some of the programers and developers think.

Roger

Ask a Question