Interesting X10 mountin option

It looks like a good way to mount the unit.
Someone posted the part before but using a BestBuy link. The BestBuy price was too expensive to try out. This price is much better.

Great Find!

Got the bean bag mount. I like it but it does take up a bit of room. I now have my Go 510 mounted on my cluster cover and it is visible just above the steering wheel. I drive an 89 CRX.

What's in the Bracketron package (bean bag with attached flat plastic disc!... TomTom mount not included):

1.jpg

How it sits on the dash:

2.jpg

With the TomTom:

3.jpg

I LOVE it... doesn't move an inch, very stable, uses the TomTom cradle so my 510 can get power. It's built more like a life raft. :)

VERY pleased with the mount. And no problems with Comp-U-Plus. Thanks to Mattk for the original post!

Last edited:
Shhhhh.... don't tell anyone, but I found this mount at the Ambient Weather website for under $12 (with reasonable shipping). I bought two more for friends. :cool:

Beat me to it..

I just found the same site. I just ordered my own;) Hard to beat $11.78 with $7 shipping to my area code from Arizona.

Interesting. Seems like a price mistake on Ambient Weather's website.

Buy it for $11.78 here

Or, pay $29.45 for it here.

Your choice. Also, it is about a buck more in shipping to order two.

Interesting. Seems like a price mistake on Ambient Weather's website.

Buy it for $11.78 here

Or, pay $29.45 for it here.

Your choice. Also, it is about a buck more in shipping to order two.
From those links, the $11.78 one is available, but the $29.45 one is not. Bizarre. I haven't gotten mine yet.

Last edited:
Ambient Weather's website.

I ordered the $11.78 item from the website, but a totally different item showed up. I think their website may be screwed up with respect to this item. I talked directly with Bracketron, and they said if Ambient would ship at this price - grab all I could, but they also thought there was a goof on their website.

I went an ordered from the other $20 site and am waiting on a credit through PayPal and a pre-paid return sticker from Ambient.

Will be interesting to hear from you all as to what shows up at your end.

Uh oh. I ordered a couple from Ambient. We'll see...

Nice to see they have good customer service.

Ask a Question