What size is the x10 mount ball?

I am getting a 910 soon, and will be looking to dash mount it. I have seen the latest "shower curtain" method to mount it on a Pro-Clip, but I found a Ram Mount part that is a female ball with a screw to tighten it. It takes a .75 in ball though. For those that have taken apart the winshield mount, what is the size of the standard ball?

Opelap,

Please see the screen print of my setup elsewhere in this forum before you fiddle with the ball mount. The secret in using it on a horizontal surface is to turn it 180 degrees which presents a different mounting angle.

If you do it my way you can - in a split second - and without any tools or extras - stick it back on the windshield. That should be a boon to legal-minded drivers in Schwarzenegger Land.

Conversely, you can take it off the windshield quicker than the gendarme gets out of his cruiser and you make him look like a fool ("What illegal mount, Mr. officer??").

I may end up going that route, but I am not convinced sticking a plastic disc on my dash is the way I want to go. I would much rather have it on a vent mount, or on a Pro-Clip in front of my dash. Part of my concern is theft, and a Pro-clip on the front of the dash is even harder to see than a dash disk on the top. Someone would have to be checking the car out from up close before they would notice it. Also, I drive a Tahoe and I have to put the mount up near the rearview mirror to make it reachable. Really sticks out in the parking lot and distracts the eye when checking the rearview.
I thought about making a smooth plate for the pro-clip, but it may stick out too far with the standard mount.
( I had a 510, then tried a Nuvi and am going to a 910 now, so i have had a couple in my car already, Bless Amazon's return policy)
Anyone else know the size of the ball?

Last edited:
I've seen that, but then you either have to disconnect your power cable each time you remove the unit from the cradle, or you have a component flopping around your dash. Not ideal in my book. I guess you could always run on battery, but then you can't connect the audio cable either.

I guess I will just have to wait until I get my next unit to figure it out.

Are you talking about having the mount attach the unit or not having it attached?
If so this is a simple solution! I would be best if I had pictures to go with this but i'll take some later.
All you have to do is use a torx driver (T8 and T6) and unscrew the mount connector to seperate it from the suction/ball.
All you will be left with is the little mount so you can plug in your goodies.

I've seen that too. Do you just leave that mount piece attached to your 910 even when you remove it from the cradle? It won't fit in the carry case, and having to unplug my cables from it to remove the unit is a hassle. If you remove it from the 910 then it will dangle from your power cord in the car.
Also the only attachment point for the cradle is on the bottom, which means it will require 2 articulation points to mount it on the Pro-clip, which adds to the distance it will stick out from the dash.

If you have any pictures of how it works in your vehicle, that would be great.

I don't leave the mount piece attach to my 910 when Im done. I also remove it.

I haven't yet attahed it to a proclip because they dont make one for my current vechile.
The base end would looks something similiar to this or that
But with the ram mounts attached to the 910 Ram Mount.

Will do.
Proclipusa takes forever to complete an order.
I ordered my car mounts on tuesday and they still haven't shipped!

The distributor for RAM mounts is awesome.
I order late in the afternoon and I received the products the next day!

Here are the parts I will use
RAP272.jpg
RAPB2001.jpg
RAPB238.jpg

The diamond base will attach to the proclipmount.
The socket with arm will attach to the diamond, and the ball attaches to the arm socket. The base of the ball socket attaches to the x10 mount
ramholTO3_D.jpg

I know a distributor that has great prices on RAM mounts.

Ask a Question