X-Ray Damage??

TomTom Model(s)
One XL-s
I just flew from Florida to California - and, of course, had to go thru security.
I left my TT in a carry-on bag and it went thru the X-Ray. Now it can't find ANY GPS signals.
I thought that it might be the data, so I restored the 2gig chip for the last backup - to no avail.
Still no signals!

Has anyone had a similar experience with X-Ray damage to a TT? and what can be done about it?

PS. I've go a One XL-T about 2 years old - that worked perfectly until this trip.

LarryF

No - i have taken a number of units through X Ray - do not think that is the ptoblem

When you travel, it can take an extended period for the unit to locate satellites - leave it on in a location that has good reception and it should come back up OK.

I'll give it a try!

Thanks for the response. I'll be renting a car this afternoon, so I can plug in
the unit and let it sit till it wakes up (maybe with the car battery, it can hang
around long enough to work).

Thanks again.

LarryF

Larry, when you get into the rental car, try to make sure you are in a stationary position (and in an open area) to allow for the gps capture. As was noted, it may take 10 minutes or so at first, then it should be 'normal' from then on.

Thank You

Thanks to GHW and dhn for your help.

I plugged my unit in the rental car and left it. It took a little
over 10 minutes before it woke up and found itself. But it
did finally locate the satellites and settle down.

Thanks again,

LarryF:rolleyes:

Ask a Question