Would it be possible to get POI's created for these restaurants?

Yes we are trying to figure out a way to update current POIs so everyone can download that covers the majority of the US.
There is no way to just add an icon and have TomTom's POI database recognize it. The custom POI will be the only way to do this. A POI contains 2 files: the icon and the .ov2 file. The .ov2 file contains all the cordinates and additional information(address, phone# etc). Both icon and .ov2 file need to have the same name in order to work properly.

I ave a question about the above comment.. In the v7.10 I d/l for 1LE there are several icons (ie restaurants) that show a custom icon for it in place of the knife & fork. There is a location for DD @ 37 Route E Toms River NJ, It shows up with a DD icon (coffee cup), I moved it & now it is a fork & knife. If you turn off your DD Custom POI & turn on restaurants & do a search above, you will see. Also several texaco station under gas but with their own icon. So how do they do that........
Thanks

I see your icon file but did BoxerBoi76 ever post the complete poi file? As a Chicagoan that would pretty sweet.

Ask a Question