Would it be possible to get POI's created for these restaurants?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 910
Applebee's Bar & Grill
Bahama Breeze
Baja Fresh Mexican
Baker's Square
bd's Mongolian BBQ
Benihana
Bennigan's Grill and Tavern
Big Bowl
Bonefish Grill
Boston Market
Bravo Cucina Italiana
Buffalo Wild Wings
Buona Beef
California Pizza Kitchens
Caribou Coffee
Carrabba's
Champps Americana
Cheesecake Factory
Chevy's
Chick-Fil-A
Chili's
Chipotle
CiCi's Pizza
Cinnabon
Cosi
Cracker Barrel Restaurants
Culver's Restaurants
Don Pablos
El Polo Loco
Famous Daves BBQ
Fazoli's Italian
Five Guys Burgers
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Fuddrucker's
Gibson's Steakhouse
Go Roma
Hard Rock Caf?
Hooters
Houlihan's
Joe's Crab Shack
Johnny Carinos
Kona Grill
Krispy Kreme
Lalo's
Landry's
Logan's Roadhouse
Lone Star Steakhouse
Longhorn Steakhouse
Macaroni Grill
Maggiano's Little Italy
Moe's Southwest Grill
Morton's Steakhouse
Nine Steakhouse
Noodle's and Company
O' Charley's Restaurant
Old Chicago
Olive Garden
On The Border
Outback
Panera Bread
Pancheros Mexican Food
Papadeaux Seafood Kitchen
PF Changs
Portillo's Hot Dogs
Potbelly's
Qdoba Mexican Grill
Quizno's Subs
Rain Forest Cafe
Red Lobster
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse
Shaw's Crab House
Smokey Bones BBQ
Souper Salad
Starbucks
Stir Crazy
Ted's Montana Grill
Texas De Brazil
Texas Roadhouse
The Melting Pot
Tony Roma's
Uno Chicago Grill
Weber Grill

Restaurant Poi's request

Hello, some of these I alrady have but some never heard of and probably not in every state so need to know where you are I presume they are all in your area at least? send me an email with your list and where you want the poi's (State,City,Town and zip) what I mean is if you want a poi for ex. weber grill and this is located only in your area it would be hard and time consuming to look for it in a state where it doen't exsit!

Happy Holiday !

George

Hello, some of these I alrady have but some never heard of and probably not in every state so need to know where you are I presume they are all in your area at least? send me an email with your list and where you want the poi's (State,City,Town and zip) what I mean is if you want a poi for ex. weber grill and this is located only in your area it would be hard and time consuming to look for it in a state where it doen't exsit!

Happy Holiday !

George
Almost all of those are nationwide! Some however might only have five - ten locations nationwide but they're growing. I do a lot of traveling so it would be nice to have them all! ;-)

There is a site which has many of those already built, apparently the guy has found a way to extract the data from the sites/restaurants "locations" link and build POI's out of that. He just charges out the waazooo for the data.

BoxerBoi76

Wow this is a big list. Something that we can do of course, but keep in mind that your unit should carry these POIs, but it will only be listed under your restaurant category. Although if it's make as a custom POI, we can seperate it as each restaurante name with it's own icon.

In order to make your request, we still need a city and state.

Is it possible to do all of the Chicago area, including all of the burbs? Or to have them done like (https://www.tomtomforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32) where they're nationwide? I like the ability to see the business icon on the map that you don't get with the standard poi database in my TomTom...

BoxerBoi76

Last edited:
We are currently trying to find out a system where we can have a POI category for all users nationwide. There are some POIs here that are only listed upon request.

We are currently trying to find out a system where we can have a POI category for all users nationwide. There are some POIs here that are only listed upon request.
So you mean you're looking into a way to develop POI collections of let's say restaurants that cover the entire nation (usa)? That would rock if you guys could do that. Something like the Dunkin Doughnuts POI from the TomTom site is what I'm talking about...

BoxerBoi76

Is there a way to add the icon to my existing database so they show on the map since most if not all of these are in the current database anyway? That's ultimately what I want is an icon that accurately represents the business instead of the generic icon that is shown on the map. That would be ideal. If creating a custom POI is the only way then, that is what I'll have to do with your help of course. :)

Maybe someone can submit that to TomTom as an enhancement. "Allow icons to be added to the database as long as they match the business name" - something like that. So if I have a Best_Buy.bmp and it's 22x22, then that icon will be shown instead of the default generic icon. That way we wouldn't have to worry about doing all of these custom POIs... Your thoughts?

BoxerBoi76

Yes we are trying to figure out a way to update current POIs so everyone can download that covers the majority of the US.
There is no way to just add an icon and have TomTom's POI database recognize it. The custom POI will be the only way to do this. A POI contains 2 files: the icon and the .ov2 file. The .ov2 file contains all the cordinates and additional information(address, phone# etc). Both icon and .ov2 file need to have the same name in order to work properly.

poi icons

Is there a way to add the icon to my existing database so they show on the map since most if not all of these are in the current database anyway? That's ultimately what I want is an icon that accurately represents the business instead of the generic icon that is shown on the map. That would be ideal. If creating a custom POI is the only way then, that is what I'll have to do with your help of course. :)

Maybe someone can submit that to TomTom as an enhancement. "Allow icons to be added to the database as long as they match the business name" - something like that. So if I have a Best_Buy.bmp and it's 22x22, then that icon will be shown instead of the default generic icon. That way we wouldn't have to worry about doing all of these custom POIs... Your thoughts?

BoxerBoi76
Tell you what since yours is a huge list I can send you Poi icons in the mean time and little by little you can put them in and eventually we can update them nation wide how's that?
George

Tell you what since yours is a huge list I can send you Poi icons in the mean time and little by little you can put them in and eventually we can update them nation wide how's that?
George
That works for me! If you can provide the icons for the list above, I'll start making the Chicagoland POI files for all of those. I'm going to eventually expand it to the following:

Bars, Clubs and Entertainment...
Highway & Road Services...
Restaurants, Food & Drink...
Retail Stores...
Sporting Venues...
Travel & Leisure Destinations...
Various Business types...

I know TeleAtlas has already done this, it's too bad TomTom doesn't make this available. It's called "CityGuide" and includes icons for many, many businesses!

BoxerBoi76

POI's

I now have all but six or seven of the previously submitted list created! They're only the Chicagoland area. Once I get the remaining done shall I post them?

Bryan

Restaurant pois

Here are your restaurant pois and logo's sorry for delay due to christmas...some I could not do as couldn't find the logo's
hope you like them. They are all empty as I said you will have to add the addresses.

George

Attachments

• restaurant pois.ZIP
    80.8 KB · Views: 427
Was looking for CPK and found this thread....can anyone confirm what area the above zip covers?

I am in NJ but regularly go through Mass, NY, CT, RI and PA.

By the way how are people putting these together? Do you just search for locations, get the coordinates and make a database?

I wrote an Excel macro that screenscrubs Switchboard.com. It's nice because I can do a local, regional, or national search. The downside is that Switchboard is only about 80%-90% accurate, but it's better than nothing.

Ask a Question