Will any gps work?

Hello, I have a question about tomtom navigator 6. i have everything installed already, but whenever i try to have a route made, it looks for a gps signal. i am thinking of getting a third party bluetooth unit. i was wondering, can i use any bluetooth unit? or does it have to say tomtom compatible?
i am really kind of broke so i was looking into this guy
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=GPT-600&cat=GPS
does anyone know if this would work? or have tried it?
i have a dell axim x30
thank you very much.

Use "Advanced Planning", Not "Navigate To" If You Have No GPS Receiver

Presuming that you have Navagator 6 and your desired map installed on your device, but you have no GPS receiver yet...

You should use the "Advanced Planning" mode, found on Main Menu 2 of 3, in order to view the routing between your desired points of travel.

If you use the "Navigate To" mode, found on Main Menu 1 of 3, your routing will not be determined and displayed until your GPS receiver communicates your current location to the Navigator software.

I'm using an OnCourse Edition 2 Bluetooth receiver with my Treo 700wx and it's working perfectly.

I did have one problem while having Navigator and Microsoft Live Search running at the same time. Both applications were attempting to access the GPS receiver's data, causing a conflict that left Navigator inoperative until I recognized the conflict and shut down Microsoft Live Search.

I hope this helps!

You can use any bluetooth receiver that you want. When setting it up you have to tell it that you are using a third party bluetooth receiver. I am using a Holux GPSlim236 on a Dell Axim X50v and it works great.

Ask a Question