Where are QuickGPSFixes?

Just curious, if you dont download thru HOME, how do you ?

When I click on those links, I get the actual file open up, not a web site.

cheers

It was downloaded by IE or whatever browser you use (FireFox?) and placed in your chosen download location. Go to that downloaded file (named ephemeris.cab) and extract its content (a cab file is similar to a zip file) into your TT ?ephem? folder. You will have extracted 2 files: packedephemeris.ee and ee_meta.txt. The first file contains data about the satellites' locations and the second one contains the expiry date in a peculiar format popular under Unix which corresponds to the number of seconds after a set date. You may test the effectiveness of having this data by checking your TT satellite lock time before and after installing it.

Here's what I do on my ONE LE if it seems like I'm not getting QuickGPSfix updates.

In HOME:
1 - Select 'Add Maps, Traffic, Voices, etc.'
2 - Hit 'More' until I see 'Items on my Computer'
3 - Select 'Items on my Computer'
4 - Expand (hit the +) 'QuickGPSfix data' item
5 - Hit 'Add' for the second update on the list
6 - Hit 'Back'
7 - Hit 'Back'
8 - Select 'Update my One'

An update for QuickGPSfix is always offered. I am confident that it is the latest update.

Was wondering if this was going to really work or not. It did, thanks for the tip. I have been without updates for several months now.

Ask a Question