How/where report GPS can'r find a valid address?

We needed to go to 9001 N. Orlando Ave, Maitland, FL.
My 540XXL would not locate that as a valid address.
The street name in Maitland was selectable, but
It kept saying the number could not be larger than 1499.

I also saw in Google maps that it may actually be in Fern Park, FL
(city boundaries are fuzzy in the Orlando area)
540XXL would not locate that address as being valid in Fern Park either.
It kept saying the number could not be larger than 1499.

It is not really a "map error;" it is a software-doesn't -find-it error. And besides, in Teleatlas corrections site mapsharetool, there is no category to select to report something like this. The closest thing is an address correction, but they view that as telling them where a particular stree address is along the street.

So, where does one report this?

We needed to go to 9001 N. Orlando Ave, Maitland, FL.
Do you have a ZIP for that?

Putting the above into Google Maps comes back like this:
Screen069.png

TomTom's Route Planner http://www.routes.tomtom.com has no problems routing to the foirs ZIP.

Do you have a ZIP for that?
Putting the above into Google Maps comes back like this:
View attachment 4645
TomTom's Route Planner http://www.routes.tomtom.com has no problems routing to the foirs ZIP.
I do not have the zip, was given the address for a funeral over the phone.

The link shows SOUTH Orlando Av. ??

The one in question is N. Orlando Av. --NORTH. And yes Google maps does show it, but TomTom won't take me to it.

I did enter a report at the link provided earlier using the "Other" input category.
ADDED
found this
DeGusipe Funeral Home and Crematory - Funeral Services
(407) 695-2273 · 9001 N Orlando Ave Maitland, FL 32751

Did you try putting in the address in your device?
state- FL
City- Maitland
Street- N Orlando Av
number- 9001

See if yours will find it.

Last edited:
"TomTom drops you a bit south on Orlando near Matiland Station."

Wait wait wait....you got a TomTom to find the place?
What device, map did you use?
Then why does mine not allow that address to be entered?

device is in car--near ready to leave in 10 minutes to go to this place so can't get map num and no more posts for several hours minimum
it is latest USA (only) map fro 540XXL.

No, it is not found on my unit (max address seems to be 1499). Where I was able to find it was using that address on TomTom's map error reporter web site. Makes me think perhaps they have already corrected this, but is not in current map distribution. If you use the link above, you'll see that it seems to be properly located now.

You can use coordinates to get to places that are problematic that way. In such instances, I grab coordinates off Google and use those.

OK, that confirms "error" on my end is not an ID ten T error :)
I wish I was more conversant with error reporting; I would do it just to be sure it really was in the system to be fixed. There is a lot of difference between 1499 and the 9000's.. But every time I've tried, I've gotten frustrated.

I OFTEN want to give them a correction on a speed limit starting place, but gosh, it just seem like it takes God holding your hand to get it done--and boy, are a lot of speed corrections (or additions when not even shown) needed.

Imade the trip by manually marking a location based on seeing it in Google maps. Drove by it as I had mismarked it by some, and it was on a divided road with few cut thrus. Oh well I got there.

There is a lot of difference between 1499 and the 9000's..
Have another look at my post # 4.
I entered in the Google map search box
9001 N. Orlando Ave, Maitland, FL
and Google asked if I meant South, not North, but then gave two alternatives.

For the heck of it I just now used Google and entered "Funeral Home Maitland Florida" and it shows the first one at 9001 N Orlando.

BTW, I've been preaching for years what canderson suggested.
Find the spot in Google maps, right click, click "What's here?" and it gives you the coordinates in the search box.

Google, like TomTom put the marker for my street address about 8 houses to the west and across the street.
That is why I usually invoke Street View to make sure I am at the right address.

Also, I fired up the old 930 and it will neither find N Orlando nor North Orlando at all in Maitland, FL.

BTW, I've been preaching for years what canderson suggested.
Find the spot in Google maps, right click, click "What's here?" and it gives you the coordinates in the search box..
That is VERY good to know.
I have really never had this prblem before; TomTom has just found what I needed.

Google, like TomTom put the marker for my street address about 8 houses to the west and across the street.
That is why I usually invoke Street View to make sure I am at the right address..

I know what you mean there. It can't contain a database of every address and its coordinates. I am pretty sure it calculates where it thinks the address is.

For example, my address is 835. The block has addresses that range from 801 to 895 (roughly 100). x35 is about 1/3 of 100, and that is exactly here TomTom puts my address...1/3 the way from the low number end to the high number end--when actually, I am exactly half-way down the street. Clearly it computed the location based on a linear expectation

Ask a Question