What's the difference

I am looking at the TT 940 and 740 and wonder what the difference is apart from price.

Having just got a new car i want a TT to go with it for when we go travelling to UK and Europe only (NOT US Or Canada , I dont need those maps)

I would like voice activation and also would like space on it to store a few hundred MP3's. IS this possible with the two models mentioned??

Thanks Simon

Simon, please appreciate the fact you are posting this in a North American TomTom forum. We do NOT have any x40 models here whatsoever. The 740 is due to arrive in the States soon.

I do know that only the 940 has the capacity for mp3 playing. The 740 and 540 models do not. I would assume that the 940 also has NA maps while the 740 does not.

Not to scare you away, but I'm sure further advice can be received on this site which is located in Britain and has a VERY active TomTom community going:

Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras

No need to apologise, we welcome members from all over ........:)

It's just that TomTom not only has models here that aren't in Europe and vice versa, but they confound things by renaming certain European models for the NA market at times.

So, if a question is posed for which we have little or no experience in being able to answer, then you might get very frustrated waiting for a response here where, if the question is posed in the forum for which I provided a link, I bet you'd get a full answer in 10 minutes!

(But not now, it's kinda late in Britain, isn't it? :D)

Ask a Question