Stupid Question: What's the Difference Between the "One" and "Go" Series?

Yes, I am a newbie, noob, unenlightened one. But I gotta ask, what's the difference between the "One" and "Go" Series? Besides Marketing, is the "One" series designed for us who can only do "one" thing at a time and the "Go" series designed for the Speed Racers of life?

Just curious, happy with my One XLS.

Thanks,
RickB

Yes, I am a newbie, noob, unenlightened one. But I gotta ask, what's the difference between the "One" and "Go" Series? Besides Marketing, is the "One" series designed for us who can only do "one" thing at a time and the "Go" series designed for the Speed Racers of life?

Just curious, happy with my One XLS.

Thanks,
RickB

The Go series, including x20 and x30 series includes more memory (2 gigs and 4 respectively), can use sd storage memory **in addition to** core memory rather than **instead of** core memory, has better maps (North America instead of USA & Canada) and the 9x models include Europe, remote controls, EPT (a function to help in tunnets and locations of tall buildings where normal satellite signal is lost), the x20 & x30 models have mp3 capabilities, bluetooth connectivety and other stuff.

More than just marketing........:eek:

Thank You!

Thanks! I wish TomTom was as clear in its marketing. Great answer, I understand now.

Thanks very much,
RickB

The main difference are two functions that the One series does not have:
- bluetooth connectivity for hands-free calling (they can still connect for traffic info)
- itinerary planning (you can plan a route with multiple stops in advance of your trip)

The One units are designed as basic models for users who aren't very savvy with GPS units. They have just enough memory for the USA & Canada and Guam maps, the newer units don't have an SD card slot (the E series of the One requires an SD card, and the Z series has a slot for additional memory - anything newer than that doesn't have the SD card slot) for additional memory.

The marketing isn't that clear, but tomtom.com has a functionalities tab under each unit so you can compare them. :]

Ask a Question