Weird Change in Route

So, for fun, I have my workplace marked as a favorite and hit "navigate" to it every morn. Well, all of the sudden, the routing has changed. The only thing I did different is that I had "navigated" to a couple of places along the route recently. It's as if the unit "learned" that it was faster to go a certain way. But I didn't think that was how it worked. In the meantime, I have NOT hooked the TomTom up to my computer for any kind of updates. So why, after a month and a half of taking one route did it decide to go another way? Neither is faster than the way I actually go.

I have a One 3rd ed BTW.

So, for fun, I have my workplace marked as a favorite and hit "navigate" to it every morn. Well, all of the sudden, the routing has changed. The only thing I did different is that I had "navigated" to a couple of places along the route recently. It's as if the unit "learned" that it was faster to go a certain way. But I didn't think that was how it worked. In the meantime, I have NOT hooked the TomTom up to my computer for any kind of updates. So why, after a month and a half of taking one route did it decide to go another way? Neither is faster than the way I actually go.

I have a One 3rd ed BTW.

Do you live on a corner? My TomTom gives me completely different initial directions differently depending on which road it thinks my car is on when it starts up, but as soon as my car moves it fixes the route. It can also give different directions based on which way it thinks your car is facing, as it does have a slight preference for staying in the same direction.

-Harry

That's also happened to me on several occasions. No explanation, just seems to "learn" the route you take. Aliens maybe????

Ask a Question