Voice sounds

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
May be an easy one for the techs on here ! Have a GO 720 which has served me fine but every now and again the voice directions seem to fade badly to the point you can't hear her speak ...what's the cure

Have you tried a pin reset of the device.
When the device is making a voice announcement tap the speaker to see if the audio fluctuates. It could be a faulty speaker or a loose connection.

A simple thing to try first...
Go to volume Preferences, and find the "link volume to car speed" (or similar) option.
Make sure it is UN-TICKED and see if it makes any difference.

Massive thank you went for the complete reset and also went in and adjusted the link to car volume now working fine

Cheers

Time to buy a new muffler? :D

You always need a good scarf in Scotland. ;-)

C'mon .. what do you call them there now? Exhaust Flow Restrictors?

Ah, a case where we have it over you folks. I've never met one of these devices that acted as a silencer, though they do muffle the sound quite a lot!

Honestly, I'd swear I'd never noticed this, even with my UK Haynes manuals in hand (I'd once owned a couple of Merkur models for which we had no DIY manuals here, one a 'turbo Sierra' (no, not Cosworth) as you'd have called it, and the other a Scorpio (sweet ride)).

Could we possibly wind up further OT? I'll behave.

Ask a Question