voice help

I am new to this. I just downloaded Monroe. I extracted all the files in the zip file to the voices directlry directly on my TomTom One. When I go to preferences, and list voices Monroe doesn't show up. Is there an install that has to be done? Do voices have to be loaded through TomTom home?
Thanks
Bill

I am new to this. I just downloaded Monroe. I extracted all the files in the zip file to the voices directlry directly on my TomTom One. When I go to preferences, and list voices Monroe doesn't show up. Is there an install that has to be done? Do voices have to be loaded through TomTom home?
Thanks
Bill

If you instaled the voice correctly, you will need to choose from the change voice menu btween American english voices and British voices- if you have not already tried this. If you did drag the files and one of them was not dragged in but assumed to be there- the voice will not work.

well, i unzipped to my desktop and then dragged the folder over to my tomtom voice folder and dropped it in there. try dropping it as a folder as well as individual files. they should be there, but when i look at tomtom home list of voices it isn't there, nor is it on the tomtom.

Each voice has to look like this:

data80.bmp
data80.chk
data80.vif

I take 80 just as an example, the number can be 01 to 99, usually high number for custom voices.

that's exactly what they look like. i just re-installed the tomtom home software and that made no difference as well.

nope, i drag the individual files over to the voice file through windows explorer. could it be that i'm running vista?

well, i unzipped to my desktop and then dragged the folder over to my tomtom voice folder and dropped it in there. try dropping it as a folder as well as individual files. they should be there, but when i look at tomtom home list of voices it isn't there, nor is it on the tomtom.

The bmp, vif, and chk file need to be dragged into the TT voice file individually. If you are putting them into the file while cobnnected to TT Home, they will not show up right away. You need to turn your TT off and reconnect to the computer. This reboots it aand the voices should show up in TT Home. Are they (the voice files) showing up on the TT itself?

Make sure the contents of the .vif file are correct. True, you need these three files: data##.vif, data##.chk, data##.bmp

**BUT**
The content of the .vif file should also have the same ##'s so that when you open it on your PC (right click, 'Edit') it looks like this (using 90 as an example):

.vif file itself is called 'data90.vif'
line 1 of the vif needs to say data90
line 2 of the vif needs to say data90.chk

If these aren't the same, the voice won't work.

Ask a Question