Need help with a voice from TomTom home.

TomTom Model(s)
I downloaded this voice right from tomtom home and I can not for the life of me get it to show up on my TomTom. All of my voices are now installed on my SD card and all of them that are there work great and show up but I cant get this one to show up on my TT. Can anyone else get this to work?

http://www.hippie459mn.com/downloads/data128.zip

That is the file there. I notice all of my voices I get from tomtom home have 4 files and not 3 like the ones from other sites. any ideas would be great.

one of the files is probably a play sample file.you need to go and see if another voice has that number if it does you need to change it to another number thats not being used.go to my computer and open up your tt to the voices and look for that number.change all 3 files to the same number.

I tried renaming it even though nothing was named the same. All of my other custom voices show up and work though so I have no idea. :confused:

I had a similar problem when I added Sean Connery's voice. It was there because I could see it with Windows Explorer - but it wouldn't show up under my choices. When I tried changing the voice, TT asks, "Do you only want to select from voices in the same language (English)?" When I select 'yes' the new voice isn't there. When I select 'no', the new voice shows up. Silly me, I thought James Bond was speaking English. He does but it's the 'King's English' or 'English UK' not 'US English'.

Just a thought.

Yeah, I always select no so I see all the english and non english voices. I posted the file from my TomTom in the first post if anyone else wants to try it and see if it works for them.

Also, I think I figured out what the 4th file if for. I have 2 voices in my TomTom that I downloaded off the web that my TomTom does see but TomTom home does not but all the voices with the 4th files Home will see so I am guessing it is something for Home to see the voice files. I dont know for sure or not though. lol

My guess!!!

Hi Hippie!!!

If you are still having trouble I would try to re downloading that voice. You have within there "recovered file fragments." my guess is that something went wrong when you first downloaded it and you should only be seeing 3 files unless the 4th is download instruction, which its not.

Also, like the other guys have said, make sure you select all the voices and not just English. There is some good self help videos over on youtube under the channel NavtonesGPS. They work with Tomtom so I'm guessing they know what they are on about. I believe even pigtones has some good self help videos but I think these are more just for there voices.

Like I said though, I would try re-downloading the entire voice as the recovered file fragments seem a bit off to me.

Good luck, even though I'm sure by now you have got it all sorted. If you have, what was the problem?

Sorry. I did get it all sorted out.

Seems the 4th file is something that TomTom home uses so the voice shows up in TomTom home. All my custom voices with only the 3 files dont show up but what do I care. I know they are there and they work just fine. I could be wrong on this one though. :)

I have been selecting no when asked if I want to use english only voices and it wouldnt show up no matter what I did. After doing so reading I came across something stating certain models would not see any voices with the data number over 99 or under 70 I think it was so I just changed the file names from data129.xxx to like data94.xxx or whatever number and it worked. :D

Good to hear!!!

Nice one. I'm glad to hear you got it all sorted out! Nice tip on the data numbers. I'll need to remember that!

Ask a Question