VERY Useful Application...

... and for everyone using their own CUSTOM menu, you absolutely have to add the line into thei TomTom.mnu file everyone is describing in this thread.

My instructions were assuming that you were using the TomTom's default menu.

... and for everyone using their own CUSTOM menu, you absolutely have to add the line into thei TomTom.mnu file everyone is describing in this thread.

My instructions were assuming that you were using the TomTom's default menu.
I DONT FOLLOW YOU.ADD WHAT LINE?

Got It Working On My 300.couldnt Figure Out How To Change Icon And Name Anyway I Do Not Know How To Make An Icon,but It Works With The Way It Is.i Just Put Suntime And Tte In The Same Reg. As The Other One.

If you want to change the name of the "MenuPerso" icon:
1) Go to the /opt/MenuTT/ folder as I state in my original instructions

2) Use NOTEPAD to edit the MenuPerso.cap file

3) That file content should look like this:
Version|100|
AppName|MenuPerso.sh|
AppPath|/mnt/sdcard/opt/bin/|
AppMainTitle|MenuPerso|
AppPort|2001|
COMMAND|GEO||MenuPerso.bmp|MenuPerso|

4) Change the last line to contain the text you want. For example, the words "My Custom Menu":
Version|100|
AppName|MenuPerso.sh|
AppPath|/mnt/sdcard/opt/bin/|
AppMainTitle|MenuPerso|
AppPort|2001|
COMMAND|GEO||MenuPerso.bmp|My Custom Menu|

5) Save your new file as MenuPerso.cap in the /opt/MenuTT/ folder (you will overwrite the existing one)

6) The text will now read "My Custom Menu"

Do the same thing for the MenuTT, only go to the /sdkregistry/ directory and edit the MenuTT.cap file

-------------

For your own icon, you need to know how to use a Paint program. If you do:
1) Choose any image you like
2) Resize it to be 75 x 48 pixels
3) Save that smaller image as MenuTT.bmp or MenuPerso.bmp (depending on which menu icon you are creating the icon for)
4) Save the MenuTT.bmp file into the /sdkregistry/ folder and the MenuPerso.bmp file in the /opt/MenuTT/ folder

I DONT FOLLOW YOU.ADD WHAT LINE?

MENUITEM|TASK_SDK4|

Where SDK4 is the next number in sequence for the menu items you already have in your TomTom.mnu file. For example, in the following *.mnu file:
MENUITEM|TASK_CONFIGURE_POI||"Enable/Disable POI's"|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PLAN_ATOB||"Advanced Planning"|
MENUITEM|TASK_ADD_FAVORITE||"Add Favourite"|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE4|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE4|Tracking/Misc. 1 of 1|
MENUITEM|TASK_SDK1|
MENUITEM|TASK_SDK2|
MENUITEM|TASK_SDK3|
MENUITEM|TASK_EMPTY|
MENUITEM|TASK_EMPTY|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE5|

The last SDK item is SDK3., you would simply add the following line
MENUITEM|TASK_CONFIGURE_POI||"Enable/Disable POI's"|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PLAN_ATOB||"Advanced Planning"|
MENUITEM|TASK_ADD_FAVORITE||"Add Favourite"|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE4|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE4|Tracking/Misc. 1 of 1|
MENUITEM|TASK_SDK1|
MENUITEM|TASK_SDK2|
MENUITEM|TASK_SDK3|
MENUITEM|TASK_SDK4|
MENUITEM|TASK_EMPTY|
MENUITEM|TASK_EMPTY|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE5|

That code will allow the TomTom to add the extra sdkregistry item (in this case, the MenuTT icon, to PAGE4

Last edited:
I just used this in conjunction with the TomTom Menu designer program and it works sweet. I can switch back to the original menus if/when I need to, and switch back to my customized one with the Media Player installed.

Sweet! ;)

Thanks For The Helpful Info Got The Name Changes On Both Now Gonna Work On An Icon.this Is Cool I Like Having Both Options Of Help Me Or My Other 3rd Psrty Stuff.

Thanks... Have you put a whole movies on there yet? If so how big is it after you convert it?

Thanks... Have you put a whole movies on there yet? If so how big is it after you convert it?

I have indeed. And, using the default settings, the movies are pretty good resolution.

I determined that using the default settings, the rule of thumb is about 3MB per minute. Therefore, a 2hr movie (120minutes) would yield about a 360MB file.

So, on a 4GB card, after the operating system files, you can fit about 9 2hr movies.

NOTE: In order to access the menu on the TomTom to access the Media Player icon, you MUST have a map installed. I simply install Guam since it is so small.

been tryin no luck

i have an icon i want but cant seem to get it right i think its because of the outer square could you tell me whats wrong,ive been doing the bmp s .its 75 by 48 but i think thats with border when im in paint.

Attachments

• MenuTT.bmp.JPG
    MenuTT.bmp.JPG
    1.2 KB · Views: 381
i have an icon i want but cant seem to get it right i think its because of the outer square could you tell me whats wrong,ive been doing the bmp s .its 75 by 48 but i think thats with border when im in paint.

For one thing, it really should be saved as a BMP and not a JPG file. The other is the background should be RED. This is the transparent color on the TomTom for icons..

Try this one:
MenuTT_fix.bmp
MenuTT.zip

that did it thankyou very much.was just changing it to say .bmp didnt know the jpeg and bitmap image.im learning as i go along.

One question I have is how do you make the red backgound for the car icons?? thanks

One question I have is how do you make the red backgound for the car icons?? thanks

That is a very general question as every paint program (MS Paint, Paint Shop Pro, PhotoShop) all have different ways of doing it.

In General:
1) You select the background color only (in the above image it was white and I use a special selection tool in Paint Shop Pro that will select only the color that you click your pointer on)
2) Then I use the fill tool to fill the selection with RED

Just a very big thanks to Birdman for finding and pointing out this application! it's great, as is his website.

Many thanks sir! great work!

That is a very general question as every paint program (MS Paint, Paint Shop Pro, PhotoShop) all have different ways of doing it.

In General:
1) You select the background color only (in the above image it was white and I use a special selection tool in Paint Shop Pro that will select only the color that you click your pointer on)
2) Then I use the fill tool to fill the selection with RED

Thanks birdman for the quick reply. I'm going to experiment w/ this. Paint Shop is not one of my stronger computer skills!!

Just a very big thanks to Birdman for finding and pointing out this application! it's great, as is his website.

Many thanks sir! great work!

You are MORE than welcome. I've always been bothered by the new Navcore7 and TomTom's decision not to continue the open source. This application DEFINITELY is a BIG help on that front.

I wonder if this would work on a 720? When I click that icon I already have 6 menu choices. Plus I have everything installed on an SD card. Does anyone know the mount position for the SD card in a 720. I know for the internal memory it's /mnt/sdcard.

Thanks.
Figures I'd be reading this while my 720 was elsewhere...

In my experience with Linux, it's very often /mnt/flash to get to the flash file subsystem. Will have to try that when my 720 and I are next together!

I could put this in the 3rd party apps section, but since I've only tested this on a TomTom ONE, I figured this forum was also appropriate.

There are a number of 3rd party apps that can be installed on the TomTom ONE. When you do, however, the Navcore7 menu icons get a bit messed up when the 3rd part app adds it's icon to the main icon menu.:

For example:
1) You lose the "HELP ME!" icon
2) You get a double "Guided Tours" icon
3) Some of the icons are in different orders

I actually found a cool program that adds an icon to your main menu that allows you to jump back to the Default TomTom menus and then allows you to jump back into the 'custom' menu where their icon is installed....this is all 'on the fly' and you don't need to connect to a computer and you don't need to power off your TomTom.

The program is called MenuTT and is located at tomtomheaven.com:
>>> MenuTT Webpage <<<

The download link at TomTomHeaven is down. Anyone know where else I can get this?

Ask a Question