Using maps from other devices on nav 6

I was just wondering since there are no updated maps for Nav6 would I be able to purchase and use maps for other devices somehow?

Is there a way to get the newer maps to work? Could the maps for other devices somehow get convrted on the user end to make it work?

I know its not supported I'm just looking for a possible workaround to these old maps. I was thinking about using Garmin for palm but if I do that I would have to use a bluetooth gps receiver and I use the bluetooth connection for a headset on my Treo while driving.

Sorry there is no way around to have a newer map to work on Navigator 6. v7 maps and above need the corresponding software to be recognized.

Thats what I figured but since there seems to be a knowledgable bunch on this site i figured someone here might have worked something out. Ive had this map for over a year and I beleive its 2+ years out of date. Alot of new roads/housing complexs etc near me so the 675.xxx is really starting to show its age.

Any news on when the new ones coming out? Have we been left behind with the Nav6 software?

To be honest, TomTom has only focused on its Personal Navigational device.
Doesn't look like they will persue the PDA world anymore.

You are probably right Pedro, but they are missing the boat it this is correct. Whether they like it or not, the market is moving more that way and others they probably also don't like. But like it or not, it is happening and they can get with it more or watch increasing migration to these other segments.

I still prefer the dedicated device for my car and motorcycle, but am waiting on bluetooth receiver for a Blackberry device that does not have GPS receiver built in (another developing trend which will hurt TT).

It has basic maps and GPS program built in, but will probably load one of the better 3rd party applications into it. Will be handy for checking on directions and also traffic while in the office and for use when just walking around in an unfamiliar place.

Yeap unfortunately - nothing for PDA's since 675

Our supporting their App let them get to where they are now but we are now cut adrift.

Thanks for nothing TomTom

I got an email today stating there were new maps for my device available just im time for summer travel, but when I clicked and followed all the links only the 675.xxxx series map shows up!

What gives? Anyone else see this?

Navigator Line Dead?

TomTom remains silent on the Navigator PDA line of software. I have it running on an HP rx5915. I love the product and did a lot of research before purchasing. The lack of information from TomTom about the future of the product line to me is inexcusable. If the buisness decision has been made to abandon it, I can understand that, but give the abandoned users some incentive to migrate to the supported equipment. If it will continue to be supported but it will be a while, then say so. I called TomTom on 5/9/08 and still no information. I did find a link on an HP site that was not good news.

I certainly will not buy a TomTom product in the future because of the way TomTom has handled this. Sorry for the rant, I feel a little better now.

I just checked for the version of maps on my Palm Treo650 which uses the TomTom Navigator 6 application.
It shows, "Map: 'usa and canada' v675.1409". Is this the latest and final version?
Is this version being called version 6.75?

For your location and hardware platform v675 maps are as good as you will get, they are close three years old/ out of date so not something I would consider purchasing - These days you either need to be in Europe with a HTC PPC based mobile phone to run the latest maps using Nav7 or if USA based an iPhone - Mike

As shared on another thread. I have been using Navigator 6 on my HP IPAQ happily for a while now. Off to the US soon so I looked to update the maps. A new map shows up in TomTom Home so I am about to spend 39 pounds on it when something makes me stop.

Eventually, after a lot of searching, I find the "new" map they are offering me actually dates from 2007. I'd call that dishonest.

Despite that, I am not going to cut my nose off to spite my face so have ordered a new GO 930T on Ebay. And I shall continue to grumble about TomTom's shoddy treatment of us Navigator 6 users as I enjoy (hopefully) my new device!

But it does leave a bad taste.

Now you have me confused.............:eek:

Other thread you are talking about just getting the antenna off ebay for an existing model. Now you are telling me that you have ordered a 930T (nice model, btw).

I assume you plan to put the antenna (from the other thread) into the unit while in the States and the antenna that comes with the unit back in place when you return to Europe?

Oh dear! I'm sorry. This is the "other thread" to which I'm referring here.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...6-my-tomtom-pda-no-new-maps-gps-question.html

Not the thread concerning Traffic. I'm still waiting for my 930T to be delivered. Just thinking ahead.

<<I assume you plan to put the antenna (from the other thread) into the unit while in the States and the antenna that comes with the unit back in place when you return to Europe?>>

Yes. Now I'm confused. And I was told to "keep it simple"!

Keeping it simple: A rds-tmc antenna that works in the States will NOT work in Europe and vice versa.

A 930T obtained in Europe comes with an antenna that works in Europe but not in the States.

A rds-antenna for the States WILL work in the 930T bought in Europe when you use the 930T in the States.

Gotit! Thanks.

Ask a Question