Routes using google maps

Hi,

I did a route to NC using google maps and modified it to miss the washington DC area. When I tell the TomTom to go NC it will go through DC. I have specific roads/directions that i want the tomtom to follow. How can I do this?

I have the TomTom GO 3rd Edition.

I'm assuming you created an itn file using Google Maps and then loaded the file in the TT One. In creating the route in Google Maps you need to add waypoints along the route to force TT to follow that route and not its own idea of how to route you. The route may look fine in Google Maps but TT may choose a different route unless you insert the necessary waypoints.

Go back and see where TT deviated from the desired route and then add waypoints to force TT to recognize the route you want.

Ise this to create an Itinerary.

http://houghi.org/tomtom/

Works like a charm.

Drag the line where you want it then plug the info here.

Other option is to attempt to tell the TomTom to avoid part of the route (through DC).

Hi,

I did a route to NC using google maps and modified it to miss the washington DC area. When I tell the TomTom to go NC it will go through DC. I have specific roads/directions that i want the tomtom to follow. How can I do this?

I have the TomTom GO 3rd Edition.
Is there something specific in DC that you wanted to visit? What you could do is pick a point in DC that you wanted to visit, then select the "travel via" option, and it will take you past that point along your route.

Ask a Question