Using American maps whilst in UK

Hey,

I'm going to America this summer so i've downloaded the American maps for my tomtom - installed them fine on to the nav and can browse all across America using the "browse map".

When i try and plan a route i get "no usable locations near GPS position" flash and no route is made... It says its connected to 6 satellites... the only problem I can think of is that i'm in the UK now so its thinks i'm too far away from a US position?!? but that doesn't really make sense to me...

Don't want to run the risk of it not working when I get there though..

Any thoughts? Thanks

Tom

Here is what I do when going the other way. (BTW, I have the Europe maps on internal and US maps on SD). I connect the TT to the computer and start from the internal (European maps)...I then update the mapshare and gpsfix. I disconnect the TT from the computer and load favorites (destinations I am going to). When I land in Europe I launch the TT and make sure I have the European Maps selected (you can change maps change preferences>manage maps). Simply select the pre-loaded favorite destinations and off you go. You can also create routes and preload them....

Use the AtoB advance planning option to plan routes if your current position is off the active map, depending upon the version of Navcore installed you might also get messages on the screen about switching to a more suitable map for your current location as the device will know you are within the confines of the UK or Western Europe map - Mike

I'm in the U.S. and have Europe maps. If I switch to them and try to navigate to the center of London I get the same message you mentioned. I have used my TomTom in Europe and it worked great. I have no doubt that yours will work just fine in the U.S.

Ask a Question