using v6.xxx maps in ONE 130

ytd

I have a tom tom One 130 that I purchased in the USA last year with the USA Canada v7.xxx map in it. I also have a HP PDA with GPS that came with a tomtom v6.xxx map of Australia in it. The HP works OK but the volume is poor and the screen not as good as the tom tom so I thought I would transfer the HP map to the one 130 (since I'm in Australia now.)

When I start the one 130 with the australia map in it it needs to be activated but & the activation code website asks for a product code. Since my one 130 has a v7.xxx map there is no product code. Anyone have any ideas how I could activate the australia map or am I stuck with the HP for navigation????

Maps now are activated via installation and are locked to the device the map was installed on.

Trying a map for a different device simply won't work on your 130. Sorry.

I have a tom tom One 130 that I purchased in the USA last year with the USA Canada v7.xxx map in it. I also have a HP PDA with GPS that came with a tomtom v6.xxx map of Australia in it. The HP works OK but the volume is poor and the screen not as good as the tom tom so I thought I would transfer the HP map to the one 130 (since I'm in Australia now.)

When I start the one 130 with the australia map in it it needs to be activated but & the activation code website asks for a product code. Since my one 130 has a v7.xxx map there is no product code. Anyone have any ideas how I could activate the australia map or am I stuck with the HP for navigation????

Hi there

Currently they are also doing a map update services which will update your map and also give you a 1 year of 4 updates.
Connect you One to the Home software and click map update etc..

This will cost you money though but you do get a big discount!

Have fun

Ask a Question