Using Google Maps to Plan Itinerary For XXL 540TM?

Anyone point me to some 'tips' on doing this?

I noted recently that a Beta version of Google Maps lets you show Long/Lat on the map & lock the Long/Lat at a right clicked spot.

Wonder if that info can be 'Sent' to 540 to be used by it in preparing an itinerary for a 'tour of the Vermont back-roads' type of trip?

I know that Location Address can, total itinerary marked on Google Maps appears not sendable to 540, not sure about Long/Lat.
Thanks
P25

Anyone point me to some 'tips' on doing this?

I noted recently that a Beta version of Google Maps lets you show Long/Lat on the map & lock the Long/Lat at a right clicked spot.
I've used similar features on Google Earth, but where/how do you access a beta version of Google Maps that will provide that info with a right click? That's a feature I've wanted for some time.

You don't need a Beta. It works like that with the regular Google Maps.
After right click you must click What's here? after which the coordinates appear in the address book.

I am a little cheesed that I cannot send the data to my TomTom when using Firefox but that I must open MSIE to send them to make a favourite.

You don't need a Beta. It works like that with the regular Google Maps.
After right click you must click What's here? after which the coordinates appear in the address book.
Am guessing you meant "block". Slick. Amazing the stuff you don't know because you don't push ALL of the buttons! Now if I could get it to give me those coordinates in the format one of my programs requires (DD MM.mmm) I'd be in fat city. Guess I'll be doing a lot of /60 to get the decimal minutes, but it's still quicker than firing up Earth all the time.

Amazing the stuff you don't know because you don't push ALL of the buttons!
Yup, I am the same. It was Porter25's post that made me try it out.
Now if I could get it to give me those coordinates in the format one of my programs requires (DD MM.mmm) I'd be in fat city.
Wouldn't that be taken care of if you select ( . ) Minutes (d?m.m') in the Coordinate display screen at Set units on Preferences, screen 5 of 8 ?

Yup, I am the same. It was Porter25's post that made me try it out.

Wouldn't that be taken care of if you select ( . ) Minutes (d?m.m') in the Coordinate display screen at Set units on Preferences, screen 5 of 8 ?
It's not the TomTom where that's an issue (it's set that way there), it's Google Maps that only produces dd.ddddd coordinate data when I use this new trick you pointed out. Everything I do is in dd mm.mmm format.

Ask a Question