Used TomTom Toyota Corrupted maps

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Toyota
Last week I purchased a used 2008 Toyota 4Runner Urban Edition which has a built in TomTom head unit. the SD card in the device is corrupted and I can not get into the settings to use the head unit. I have tried installing the software onto a alternate SD card using TomTom Home, but as there are no maps installed I can not get into any system settings to connect bluetooth or use anything beyond the most basic features. Of course since it is a used vehicle I do not have any CDs or manuals to attempt a reset of the device. Am I out of luck or is there something I can do to get this device operational?

Thanks,
Earl

In case no one with the same set up has any recommendations I suggest you call Customer Service and see if they can help:

866 486 6866

Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EDT
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT

You say it's a 'TomTom head unit'. By any chance do you mean that it's a Sony head unit with TomTom navigation software?

Do you know the previous owner? I ask because if a backup was ever made of the card, that could be the fastest way to get this put to rights vs. dealing with customer support.

Ask a Question