Updating Firmware...

TomTom Model(s)
Go720
In my quest to update to the map subscription service, it was recommended in my last thread that I go ahead and update to firmware

8.302 (I currently have 8.301).

When I connect to Home, that is NOT an update that comes up. Maybe I hosed something up?

In any case, how do I coax the machine, or Home, to pull 8.302?

If you have a complete Explorer backup, you could try this:

Delete the ttsystem file in the root of the unit. Connect to Home. You should be offered the application to dl again. Accept it and see if it is 8.302.

Just to make sure, you ARE determining the firmware you have installed by tapping the satellite bars to see the version number rather than by going by whatever information Home shows, correct?

If you have a complete Explorer backup, you could try this:

Delete the ttsystem file in the root of the unit. Connect to Home. You should be offered the application to dl again. Accept it and see if it is 8.302.

Just to make sure, you ARE determining the firmware you have installed by tapping the satellite bars to see the version number rather than by going by whatever information Home shows, correct?

Yes, the 8301 is reported via satellite bar tap on the unit.

application update

When this problem happed to me, I used tom tom home to remove the application first and then disconnected the tom tom. Then I reconnected the tom tom to tom tom home and then the application reappeared with the update

Ask a Question