Update ..???

TomTom Model(s)
XL 340S
Hi All .
Lately when I run the update through tt home2 ...
It does not show quick satelite update any more ..??
Any body has this problem ..? :mad:
Thanks .

Yes, it's quite a common problem. It's usually caused by a previous corrupt download.

To fix it, you need to do two things...

First, on the TomTom itself you need to connect to the PC and then use Windows Explorer to browse to the TomTom storage and DELETE the entire contents of the "ephem" folder.

Then, on your PC itself, browse to the place Home stores it's downloads (normally C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete) and delete the entire contents of the "ephemeris" folder.

Reconnect to Home, select "update" and the GPS QuickFix downloads should be offered again.

Try this:

Connect to the computer. Use Explorer (or Finder, if a Mac) and delete anything in the ephem folder.

Now go here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ephemeris\ and delete any sub-folders found there.

Connect to Home and you should get a new gpsquickfix offered.

Yes, it's quite a common problem. It's usually caused by a previous corrupt download.

To fix it, you need to do two things...

First, on the TomTom itself you need to connect to the PC and then use Windows Explorer to browse to the TomTom storage and DELETE the entire contents of the "ephem" folder.

Then, on your PC itself, browse to the place Home stores it's downloads (normally C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete) and delete the entire contents of the "ephemeris" folder.

Reconnect to Home, select "update" and the GPS QuickFix downloads should be offered again.

Yey ... It's back ..
Thanks guys ..your the best .

Ask a Question