Update help Please TT Go 750

Hello everyone,

First of all may I introduce myself as a first time user of this forum and also as a first time user of sat-nav (of any description)!

Well yesterday I purchased a TomTom 750 live sat-nav (Europe) and used it for the first time this morning. I was very impressed with its behaviour; it advised me of a delay to my planned journey suggesting an alternative route, which I took, and arrived at my destination within the time frame posted.

Anyway I?ll stop jabbering and ask my question.

I would like to do a map update but after reading several forums the update sequence would seem far from plain sailing. Several posts suggesting that I should purchase a 4gb Micro SD card as the unit itself doesn?t have enough memory to cope with map updates. Does anyone have any experience of this and be able to point me in the right direction.

Any advice would be gratefully received.Many thanks.

Welcome to TTF.

In theory, a map update should fit the existing internal storage of devices but sometimes the user does run into issues with 'not enough room' type

I would suggest: first making an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. I'd also buy a 4-gig sdhc mini sdhc card [the faster speed, the better. Class 6 is good ] (I think your model takes the min). Insert the card into the unit, connect to the computer (Don't start Home) Copy the specific map folder from Internal to the card using Explorer.

Now, with the card inserted in the unit, connect to Home. It'll ask what storage device you want, select the card. Now, download the updated map to the card. You shouldn't run into any problems.

If all goes well, make another Explorer backup to a different folder on the computer.

Hi dhn,

Thank you very much for your reply and for your advice.

I did as you suggested and got myself a 4gb micro sd card and managed to download an updated map without any trouble.

Everything seems to be ok now and have found using the 750 to be quite useful.

However I wonder if I could trouble you for some further help? When I connect to TomTom HOME and go > Tools > Use Latest Map Guarantee I get an error saying:

'The internet server had an internal error. It may be a temporary problem. Please try again later'

I've tried to use the Map Gaurantee for several days now and I get the same message every time. I've set up an account and I'm logged in when I try to run the service.

Do you know what is going on? Your help would again be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

If you downloaded an updated map (presumably 845) and installed it, why are you trying for the LMG? You have the latest......

You know I knew you were going to ask that! And yes I have V845 map update but you know what it's like if it's there then why not use it, even if it only confirms that I have the latest map.

I suppose, I would just like to know why I'm getting an error report.

Anyway, thank you for getting back to me.

Cheers.

Ask a Question