Please Help! Map update will not fit 540TM

Use Home. Manage my Device. Device tab. Voices. Then select the ones you wish removed.

In terms of languages, essentially they're hard coded in the app but you can use Explorer to delete any files in the license folder that don't show EN in the file name.

Should not have to free up space to update 540TM maps - just did so for a friend's without any problem,

Make sure you update the system first - I think I saw a warning about space before i did - but not after.

Also you may want to disable recycle bin on the TT drive. This is more prone to cause insufficient space to update the maps and it will never be updated.
True if using a Mac. In fact, the bin will have to be emptied first, then disabled through one of the couple of available methods when using a Mac. For some reason, Apple thinks it a good idea to keep LOCAL recycle bins in "external" devices like a TomTom, thumb drive, etc. Has caused more than one TT user to pull hair...

Here's a good thread on the topic for Mac users:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1109709

and one of the better answers from that thread:

Getting Immediate-Delete Functionality | mac geekery

Ask a Question