Update error on XL 30

Hi All,

I am having difficulty turning on my TomTom Xl 30 Series. When the start button is pressed it will only show the words TomTom and the symbol. It connects to the computer ok and the computer sees it fine but it will not update via home, I get the message as follows:

ERROR: HomeBase/IO: Error writing file: F:\system
@ .\portable\cfile.cpp(1947)
0000045D
in .\portable\cfile.cpp:1947
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:82
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1058
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 16:22:13 GM

I have no idea what this mnans and would love someone to help out.

Since the computer sees the unit, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of the unit's contents.

Then format the unit, not quickformat.

finally, restore the backup.

Hi, Many thanks for the response, I am a little confused though, could you talk me through it as I don't understand what you mean by make an explorer back up.

Since the computer sees the unit, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of the unit's contents.

Then format the unit, not quickformat.

finally, restore the backup.

Hi, I have a similar problem with the same device , the problem is that I can't make a back up because while i was doing so i got stuck and everythiing got erased, the things is that I tryed to format it and now the computer recognises it but when it trys to install the tom tom application appears an error mesagge, i try several times and the error message is diferrent some times.

what can I do, at this time the device is a brick!

Connect your unit to the computer. In 'My Computer' (on your desktop), right click on the drive represented by the TomTom (under external drives), then Properties, then Tools, the Error Checking, click 'check now'.

Next window, check both options and let it do its thing.

Once completed, try to add the application again, using Home.....

(The issue is what has happened to your specific map folder...) Do you see it when you look at the contents of the unit using Explorer?

Ask a Question