Unhappy - long update time

Took 10 hours to update my tom tom, no wonder its free updates. will never get one again!
FYI, this is not normal.

I ran into a similar problem yesterday with an update, although it did not take me as long as it took you. I don't know what the problem was, but my download speed was about 2 percent of what it was from another web site a few minutes later.

That is NOT the speed that I have seen in the past when downloading updates from TomTom. I assume that they will have identified the problem and will take steps to prevent a similar issue in the future, as doing so would be to their advantage.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

For info - moved from "introductions" section to here.
OP informed by PM.

I can't even get the new map for my Live 1535M... I gave up trying... it only tries to install the v9.0 map, it won't "replace" the map on the device nor can I manually remove the v8 map on it.

Getting pretty tired of TomTom's antics when it comes to map updates via "MyTomTom"... TomTom Home was soooooooooo much easier.

Pretty sure I won't be ponying up the $$ for my Live renewal when it comes due... waste of $$ buying this 1535.

You can add a micro sd card to that model (slot under cover on the bottom). Let the device format the card. A 8gb card at a fast speed (class 6+) should do

Although it needs to be added that MyTomTom SHOULD be able to replace the v8 map with the v9.
This workround of using an SD card is only a "quick fix" until they (hopefully) sort out the problem.

Ask a Question