Rider 400 No Longer Records Routes

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by B-ROO, May 5, 2019.

1. B-ROO

B-ROO

TomTom Model(s):
    4GD00
    Since the April update, my Rider 400 will not record the routes I ride.
    I activate the "Start Recording" icon and the small recording symbol appears on the screen. But when I activate the "Stop Recording" icon, a popup appears stating "canceling recording" and the route is not saved.
    Previously when the stop recording icon was activated I would see a pop-up that stated something to the effect of "saving way points".
    Is there a way to return to the older software version, or is there an update in the works?

B-ROO, May 5, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. B-ROO

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    What was described as the nature of the April update?

canderson, May 5, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. B-ROO

B-ROO

TomTom Model(s):
    4GD00
    GPS Week Rollover update

B-ROO, May 5, 2019
  4. B-ROO

B-ROO

TomTom Model(s):
    4GD00
    "First we've heard of this one. I'm curious -- is the clock setting on your device remaining correct? I ask, because the update was to assure correct date/time, and one of the key elements in creating a *.gpx style track file is adding a timestamp to each point in the track. If the firmware is having issues with the time stamp, that could explain the problem - though that's a bit of a reach."

So I plotted a "dummy" route to a local location.
    The clock registers 12 am on 01/01.

I have attempted to reset the time, I did not notice the date issue until now.
    I will see if I can set the correct date.

Thanks for your help.

B-ROO, May 5, 2019
  5. B-ROO

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    I am at a loss. Given that the 400 is a Nav4 device, there should have been no need for a rollover update for it. I didn't think that ANY Nav4 device would require it. VERY strange.

And that was where I was headed when I changed my original post -- no problem that you quoted it since it tuns out to have been on point. Since building a track includes timestamping every track point along the way, that function could be clobbered if there was indeed a rollover issue.

The date/time should be acquired successfully once you get a satellite fix on your current poistion. If not, let us know. There is no manual method for date setting.

canderson, May 5, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question