Very unhappy with GO 2505 TM

TomTom Model(s)
GO720
I've had my 2505 for only a few months. So far it will not come unless it is plugged in and the mount will not stay without the gps pointing towards the dash. So much for the latest and greatest! :mad: looks like it will be going back.

Sounds like a defective battery. The GO 1000/1005/2405/2505 models are starting to have lots of reports of battery failures. Seems like the batteries don't last nearly as long as earlier Tomtoms.

Just called TomTom to talk to customer service and they hung up on me. He tried every way he could to say it was my fault. He said no matter what tomtom would kick it back. This is crap!:mad:

Just called TomTom to talk to customer service and they hung up on me. He tried every way he could to say it was my fault. He said no matter what tomtom would kick it back. This is crap!:mad:
It would have been interesting to have heard both sides of that conversation.

If I understand the main point of your problem, you're saying that the battery won't hold a charge - the unit won't power up unless it's plugged into a car or home charger, right?

What exactly did the CSR say was your fault with regard to that? Or was that comment only in regard to your use of the mount?

To stop the mount from drooping take the two Tirx screws out of the back of the mount and prise the front face off the mount:

Next, tighten the four cross point screws circled in red, these should have been put in with Locktite but if they work loose the mount will droop. Once tight clip the front of the mount back on and replace the two torx headed screws to secure it.

To be honest you should insist on returing the whole lot rather than a DIY fix, the battery can be swapped out but I wouldn't accept having to do this on a unit only a few months old - Mike

I never said anything about the mount to cs. I only told them about the unit not working from the battery after the update. And after looking on the tomtom help forums I'm not the only one with this problem. I later called back and talked to a lady named Brittany. She was very nice and was more than happy to help me.

on 3rd 2505tm unit

I am currently on my 3rd unit battery death. I just wrote to return this unit. Unit #2 got 2-3 months before battery death kicked in. Unit #3 not even 45 days, figure must be refurbished unit. This Model should be recalled as defective!!!!!

I tend to agree with you.
We have just done a four week tour of France, Switzerland and Italy with our new 1005 and I have to say Tomtom what were you thinking when you released this bug ridden product?
When it was working it quite good but unfortunately most of the time it was complaining of the battery being flat, voice commands going to a whisper ,freezing up and lane guidance only worked on some motorways.
I lost count of how many times I had to do hard and factory resets, all in all not a good experience with this Beta product.
Gary :mad:

Yes but then I don't have a choice when in the car.
To be fair I did contact Tomtom who advised me to do a factory reset (again) which did help with the battery problem but the battery doesn't seem to be up to the job in that It doesn't last long when off charge.:mad:

Tomtom expects the battery to only support short trips. The LIVE modem uses lots of power, causing even brand new batteries to last only under an hour.

They are supposed to be plugged into power in the car most of the time.

Tomtom expects the battery to only support short trips. The LIVE modem uses lots of power, causing even brand new batteries to last only under an hour.

They are supposed to be plugged into power in the car most of the time.
Does that mean that the non-LIVE 24x5/25x5/etc models have better battery life?

Does that mean that the non-LIVE 24x5/25x5/etc models have better battery life?
Everything else being equal (same model Live vs. non-Live), powering the wireless data connection eats up a bit more battery on a Live model.

Ask a Question