Unable to purchace maps

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I have been for the last couple of days now trying to purchase the v810 maps for my 720. However every card I try gets refused. I first started with my Chase check card visa, upon the 3rd attempt Chase anti-fraud dept calls me to let me know if I wanted to authorize a purchase out of the Netherlands from TomTom.com, I told them yes and was instructed to wait 10min before the system would allow the transaction and try again. I waited 10min tried again, got refused. So on to the next visa. This visa card is through HSBC. Tried 3x again, still got refused.

So after reading a few post from here, some people say try the UK site. That did not work simply because my logon information is stored on the US site. So that did not work.

Then I called tomtom customer support. Explained the issues I was having with their ordering systems with my credit cards. They basically said wait until tomtom sets up ordering over the phone payment options. But could not tell me when this would happen.

Last resort. I use my American Express corporate card. This card works any where in the world. I have used it in China and Germany in the last 6mo. I have even made online purchase originating in china. Still same result "refused"...

Now how can tomtom conduct business like this and be a serious player in the GPS arena if they can't keep their credit card processors up and running 24/7. More importantly if they are down for maintenance, then why in the hell are the accepting orders!

The thing that scares me is when they do or if they fix the ordering issues, I can only hope I don't see multiple charges on my credit cards for the failed transactions. I must have 10 refused orders in their system.

All I want is 1 v810 maps for my 720.

BTW, I have used both the tomtom website and the home application multiple times.

If I am unable to get maps soon, I will probably sell this on eBay and switch to the darkside (Garmin) for my GPS needs.

You could try to log into the UK site of TomTom to purchase the map and give a UK address when required. Many Americans used the American Embassy as an address. The price is in pounds but gets converted by the credit card company.

Just tried my AMEX and it works now.

But really tomtom needs better comunication with http://www.bibit.com/ their credit card processor. If the payment site is down then they need to convey this information to its customers.

The same thing just happened to me except with Bank of America. I tried to use my VISA to purchase the new 810 map for my TomTom Go 720 and I keep getting the error "cannot connect to server" from TomTom Home and "the payment is not authorised" from the website.

I've gotten a call from Bank of America asking if my charge to TomTom.com was fraudulent as well. I'll have to try with an Amex and see if it works.

Ask a Question