Unable to download QuickFix

I have the TomTom GO 910 and I haven't been able to download the TomTom Quick GPS Fix for the past few days. I've tried using both TomTom Home and directly through my bluetooth data connection with my cell phone but either way I get the error message "Download Failed, If this problem persists please contact Customer Support"

Has anyone else had Quick GPS Fix download issues lately?
:confused:

Same problem with QuickGPSFix

I'm having the exact same problem as you. I called TomTom and their 1st level of support could not help me and currently I'm still waiting for the higher level of support to call me. I really wish they had a better, quicker way to obtain the higher level of support.

According to other users ,the firmwire 6.51 doesn't let you download the QuickFixes properly. It says error or something like that.

GPS QuickFix

I just got off the phone with TomTom Tech Support and they said when you connect your device to your computer the Quickfix file is downloaded automatically when you have the lastest firmware on your device. I believe that latest version of firmware is 6.510. They also said you only need the quckfix if you are having trouble locking on to a GPS signel.

Are you sure? When I connect my TomTom to my PC, I always receive the message "No updates available" When I try to manually download the Quick Fix update I receive the "Download Failed" message.

Is there a way to determine if the QuickFix download went through?

Quickfix download

If I understood the Tech Support guy correctly, the GuickFix is downloaded kind of behind scenes, and it's all done automatically when you log on through TomTom home.

Hi Pedro
Have just this miute connected my tt510 and the QuickGPSfix update is there
for updating.:) :)

Greetings Pops,
I hooked my 910 to the computer last night. It should the quick fix as an update which I accepted and all went well. I have the latest version of tomtom home but did not accept the last upgrade of the firmware on this 910. Not sure if that makes any difference at all.

Eventhough it is already available for download from tt home, QuickFix doesn't work yet. For it to work, a new firmware will be necessary. QuickFix will show when updating your GO, and you can choose to install it or not. But whether you do (or not) makes no difference until its active on tt's end w/ new firmwire.

Ask a Question